Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My kiddo has been in person since last winter and no Covid. He is vaccinated (and now boosted). I’m so glad he’s in school. I know there is transmission but unless there’s a really complicated health issue at play, I would really feel ok going in person.
    (Sorry- this is a BP and maybe you were simply venting!)

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I agree with this. I get so much more from my students in person. Mask, vaccinations and testing are what we can do to keep school open. My 5 students who are online have all had Covid - parents told me when contacted me to cancel the sessions. Unless you’re all staying home and not going to work or to any stores, Covid can still be brought into the home regardless if your children are in school. And from what I’ve experienced, the online option does not work as well as in person school for most kids. If your child is thriving online, than that is different scenario. If they’re struggling online, then in person will be beneficial for their well-being and academics

Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DS is a middle schooler, and is an "A" student. He is doing pretty much perfect online, and struggles with masking. Since virtual school started, he's been skipped a grade ahead in both math and science for this year and is getting 98% in one and 97% in the other.
    But how can we guess if they will require masks next school year? I never thought it would last this long! We're thinking we might have to do next year - his last of middle school - online also, and then start at high school in person the following year. But it's so hard to predict what school might look like next year!

Default New Whine-and-Cheese Party Thread - 2022 Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Kestrel View Post
    DS is a middle schooler, and is an "A" student. He is doing pretty much perfect online, and struggles with masking. Since virtual school started, he's been skipped a grade ahead in both math and science for this year and is getting 98% in one and 97% in the other.
    But how can we guess if they will require masks next school year? I never thought it would last this long! We're thinking we might have to do next year - his last of middle school - online also, and then start at high school in person the following year. But it's so hard to predict what school might look like next year!
    Sounds like online is working academically. How is it going socially? Friend’s DD did online school for last 2 years of high school pre Covid. She much preferred it to in person school. If it’s working for DS, and I’d ask him how he feels, then maybe stay online. Can you change your mind and enroll in person say in July? That way you keep your online slot, but can go in person if things change enough.

Is a mask something he could get used to with time? I work in special day classes with 4 year old to 10 year olds that wear masks mostly without issue now. Some still need reminders when it slips below their nose, but it really is a non-issue. The classroom staff worked with them over time to get used to wearing them, we remind them as needed, and replace them if they get wet. I have one student who chews on the inside of the mask and we swap it out as needed with a new one. I personally think masks may not stay 100% of the time, but we may need to wear them on occasion. Plus here you can’t go anywhere inside without a mask.

Last edited by niccig; 02-01-2022 at 11:20 PM.

So to add to my whine - earliest date for a replacement catalytic converter is mid-April and that’s not guaranteed. My car will be off the road for total of 4 months. Rental car until then will be about $2000 as I’ve used up all the time on my policy. We were going to replace my car next year. We’re now looking to get a car now and we’ll sell my car once we can get the part. This is so frustrating!!

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    So to add to my whine - earliest date for a replacement catalytic converter is mid-April and that’s not guaranteed. My car will be off the road for total of 4 months. Rental car until then will be about $2000 as I’ve used up all the time on my policy. We were going to replace my car next year. We’re now looking to get a car now and we’ll sell my car once we can get the part. This is so frustrating!!
    Baby Bargains
    Would it work to trade in your car at the dealer now minus the catalytic converter?

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    Would it work to trade in your car at the dealer now minus the catalytic converter?
    I just asked my DH who works for the California state air board (and works closely with programs that deals with warranties and working parts) and he says that you can not trade in a vehicle to a dealer with a non working catalytic converter. He said there is nothing stopping someone from selling it or donating it but it would be worth way more money if you sold it once the catalytic converter was working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I just asked my DH who works for the California state air board (and works closely with programs that deals with warranties and working parts) and he says that you can not trade in a vehicle to a dealer with a non working catalytic converter. He said there is nothing stopping someone from selling it or donating it but it would be worth way more money if you sold it once the catalytic converter was working.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yes, we’ll have to repair it and then sell. Plus we have money from insurance to fix the car - we just can’t buy the part anywhere!

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    Yes, we’ll have to repair it and then sell. Plus we have money from insurance to fix the car - we just can’t buy the part anywhere!

Oh my gosh! What a pain!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DH confused "Temp" with "Part-Time" while he wrote up questions for me to ask before I interviewed (with his boss) for a position with his company on Friday & insisted that I ask about flex hours because I'm still driving DD to/from school. Part of this is on me because I knew better, but I asked about flex hours during drop-off/pick-up anyway ... and it was really a mistake.

No, they absolutely need someone in the role cannot be more flexible with the schedule because the needs of the team are X. I understand this and am not surprised that I was not offered a position. (Offer letters have gone out, which basically means ... I was interviewed as a courtesy to DH, but I don't think they were ever going to seriously consider me for the position. OK, more interview experience is good!)

Today, he comes at me with "oh, I'll mention it to my boss when we have our 1:1 today and ..." and I basically asked him WHY he was going to bring it up to his boss because I didn't see the point. He said I was being negative and "he didn't understand the scope of the role ..."

I just ... I guess I feel like I wasted his boss's time.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    DH confused "Temp" with "Part-Time" while he wrote up questions for me to ask before I interviewed (with his boss) for a position with his company on Friday & insisted that I ask about flex hours because I'm still driving DD to/from school. Part of this is on me because I knew better, but I asked about flex hours during drop-off/pick-up anyway ... and it was really a mistake.

No, they absolutely need someone in the role cannot be more flexible with the schedule because the needs of the team are X. I understand this and am not surprised that I was not offered a position. (Offer letters have gone out, which basically means ... I was interviewed as a courtesy to DH, but I don't think they were ever going to seriously consider me for the position. OK, more interview experience is good!)

Today, he comes at me with "oh, I'll mention it to my boss when we have our 1:1 today and ..." and I basically asked him WHY he was going to bring it up to his boss because I didn't see the point. He said I was being negative and "he didn't understand the scope of the role ..."

I just ... I guess I feel like I wasted his boss's time.
    I’m sorry to hear this one didn’t go well. Onward and upward - hoping the next one is the perfect job for you!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast