Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default PSA Covid Test Reimbursement

Just sharing in case others didn't know. I called insurance to see how to get our tests reimbursed as I wasn't sure if I had to order them from somewhere special or how the process worked. She told me that if a box comes with two tests, you get reimbursed up to $24. It's $12 per test, not $12 per box. I had assumed it was $12 per box that I ordered, so if I got the Bionax tests I wouldn't get completely reimbursed. But that was wrong. You will get fully reimbursed as long as they cost less than $24.

We still don't have clarity on how it will work with our insurance company. I work on the communications team. A colleague called the insurance company the other day, but when she talked to someone on the benefits team, they had been told something completely different. So at this point, we haven't been able to communicate anything to employees. It's a bit of a mess.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Quote Originally Posted by carolinacool View Post
    We still don't have clarity on how it will work with our insurance company. I work on the communications team. A colleague called the insurance company the other day, but when she talked to someone on the benefits team, they had been told something completely different. So at this point, we haven't been able to communicate anything to employees. It's a bit of a mess.
    Yes! This lady told me that they aren't 100% sure on the reimbursement process, but knew that the $12 per test was accurate for everyone regardless of insurance because that part was mandated by the government.

I think the insurance companies are trying to figure out how they will receive the claims. I got an email from our co that basically stated they will be covering them and using a paper claim system and instructed us to save all receipts and boxes for those bought after January 15, but goes on to say more information will follow about the specific claim process. It sounds cumbersome so far.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm heading to the pharmacy shortly to "test" how this works! I plan to "pay" at the pharmacy window vs front one so it can go through insurance. I'll update!

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

For those of you with health insurance through your employer United healthcare has a few options that are in network so you if you to rite aid, Walmart or Sam’s club (there is another provider but not in my area so I can’t remember the name) you can get tests without paying anything out of pocket. This is if you go to the pharmacy counter. Not if you pick them up and check out the regular way. Of course you need to verify this yourself but this is my understanding. They will also reimburse you if you buy the tests. I believe you can file the claim online. This is the $12 per test that was referenced above.

For those of you with anthem you can also file a claim for reimbursement online. I can’t remember the exact details but they should be on their site or by using the Sydney app. You can also order at home tests directly through the anthem Sydney app or online. Click on Covid resources and it should come up there.

Humana is requiring a paper form. I don’t know what Cigna is doing! That’s all I know right now. Hope this helps someone! I work in the insurance field.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I didn't do any research, I just sent in a claim form with my CVS.com receipt. We will see what happens.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    I don’t know what Cigna is doing!
    Cigna has a paper form.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I had absolutely no idea that you coulc get reimbursed from your health insurance for over the counter Covid rapid tests!!
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    I had absolutely no idea that you coulc get reimbursed from your health insurance for over the counter Covid rapid tests!!
    Yes! You’re allowed 8 per person covered up to $12 each test every 30 days.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast