Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I ordered all of mine before 1/15 (2 Binax from a Walmart ordered on 1/5, and 2 iHealth ordered from Amazon on 1/14) so I hope I am not SOL….that is $86 in tests. My insurance (Kaiser) is pretty good though so I will submit them. WCS I just submit to my FSA account and get reimbursed that way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I ordered all of mine before 1/15 (2 Binax from a Walmart ordered on 1/5, and 2 iHealth ordered from Amazon on 1/14) so I hope I am not SOL….that is $86 in tests. My insurance (Kaiser) is pretty good though so I will submit them. WCS I just submit to my FSA account and get reimbursed that way.

Good luck! Ours said they will not reimburse anything before the 15th. I always forget about my FSA for things like that.Good reminder.

Corie is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    Good luck! Ours said they will not reimburse anything before the 15th. I always forget about my FSA for things like that.Good reminder.
    So the reimbursement just started? I bought 2 boxes (2 tests in each box) before January 15th.
    Corie

"A smile is a curve that can set a lot of things straight."
    -fortune cookie

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

As I mentioned in another test-reimbursement thread, if you have friends or relatives in the Medicare age range, DO NOT assume that their insurance will reimburse for OTC covid tests.

I have a state retiree Medicare Advantage plan, and we received a reminder that our insurance covers tests at various providers but not the home tests. My impression is that any Medicare related coverage will have this same limitation.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Corie View Post
    So the reimbursement just started? I bought 2 boxes (2 tests in each box) before January 15th.
    It was mandated to begin on 1/15 I believe. I don't know if any insurance companies are offering reimbursement for anything bought before that. Ours said they will not reimburse anything bought before 1/15.

Quote Originally Posted by NCGrandma View Post
    As I mentioned in another test-reimbursement thread, if you have friends or relatives in the Medicare age range, DO NOT assume that their insurance will reimburse for OTC covid tests.

I have a state retiree Medicare Advantage plan, and we received a reminder that our insurance covers tests at various providers but not the home tests. My impression is that any Medicare related coverage will have this same limitation.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains
    You are correct. Medicare does not cover any OTC covid tests.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    It was mandated to begin on 1/15 I believe. I don't know if any insurance companies are offering reimbursement for anything bought before that. Ours said they will not reimburse anything bought before 1/15.

You are correct. Medicare does not cover any OTC covid tests.
    Do you happen to know if Tricare (Tricare for Life maybe? The one for military retirees) does? My parents have both that and Medicare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Do you happen to know if Tricare (Tricare for Life maybe? The one for military retirees) does? My parents have both that and Medicare.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Tricare is regular insurance even though it is for military/retirees. I would think that Tricare would cover Covid tests if it is mandated. Medicare doesn’t want to have to pay for something that another insurance company will possibly cover. I deal with this on a regular basis for work. They are sticklers about it.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Pp are correct. Coverage starts for tests purchased on or after 1/15. Tests purchased before that can be reimbursed via FSA or HSA if you have one!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

TriCare does NOT reimburse for at-home tests. It is NOT subject to this policy, nor is Medicare.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Quote Originally Posted by sariana View Post
    TriCare does NOT reimburse for at-home tests. It is NOT subject to this policy, nor is Medicare.
    Okay that sucks.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2