Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ged View Post
    oh no - i'm so sorry. pretty much the same with my DD2. She's now on day 5 of Isolation - and STILL tested positive on the Rapid today. Thankfully her symptoms are better. But I am also 99.99% she got it from school - and I am so annoyed. I'm in a neighboring district from you.
    My friends' kids all ended up missing 10 days of school because they kept testing positive on the rapids way after day 5.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    My son has been at school for 4 days and woke up with a fever and had an instant positive on a rapid test today. He has been nowhere but school due to all his risk factors!!

Mask wearing here is mandatory. It is strictly enforced at school. And surgical masks or higher required. There is no social distancing though.

The district just announced today that no more notifying of cases and no more contract tracing. They have too many cases to deal with. There is tons of school spread, but the district doesn’t want to admit it!
    Oh no! You've mentioned how cautious you've been throughout the pandemic and I'm so sorry he has it now. I hope his symptoms are as mild as possible and he doesn't have any medical complications.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    My friends' kids all ended up missing 10 days of school because they kept testing positive on the rapids way after day 5.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    yeah...i'm thinking that will be us as well. thanks for the reality check . my boss will not be happy -- but i hope i can work from home this week as well.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Ambivalent about end of test and stay. I liked it while it lasted because it allowed my kids to stay in school a few weeks this December when they were not quite "fully vaccinated", but identified as a close contact in the classroom. I agree it would be interesting data to know how many total # of positives/ # of close contacts tested rather than the way they represented it (+tests/total tests). I'm sure there is in school transmission....but with Omicron seeming to not be picked up quite as early on the Binax tests they are using, I think it's really hard to say if it's preventing additional transmission. And for sure, it is likely a LOT of work for the school nurses. Now that everyone has the opportunity to get vaccinated and NOT get quarantined/miss school for close contact, I think the utility has definitely decreased.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2