Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ray7694 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Norovirus or Covid

My son tested positive 12 days ago. My dd had fever Friday and Saturday night had fever with vomiting. Today also complaining her throat hurts. We just did home test and it came back negative. I will keep her home but this is frustrating. We do have stomach bug going around. Any advice.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m sorry your daughter is sick. I hope you DS is feeling better. It could be Covid. Not sure what you’re school protocols are but I would get a pcr test or test at home again on Wednesday.

So frustrating, especially since COVID seems to present with a myriad of different symptoms. I think you are right to keep her home and get a PCR test. Hope you are all healthy soon!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m sorry your daughter is sick. I hope you DS is feeling better. It could be Covid. Not sure what you’re school protocols are but I would get a pcr test or test at home again on Wednesday.
    I'm also sorry your daughter is sick! I'd also get a PCR before returning. Fwiw we've had noro race through the house a few times over the years, shudder, but we've never experienced high fevers or sore throats with it. Our key symptoms were extreme diarrhea and vomiting, the kind that happens at the same time ��, plus a distinct terrible smell.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

People are reporting stomach issues with the current Covid strain. Plan to retest in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My best friend's DH's only covid symptoms were headache and vomiting 5 times in one day. He also didn't experience symptoms and test positive until 12 days after my friend and 9 days after their 12 year old DD. So some fully vaccinated people are clearly still infectious past the 5 day mark.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

So some fully vaccinated people are clearly still infectious past the 5 day mark.
    This. My DD's symptoms started last Sat, she's still testing positive as of last night. It's very possible your dd is in the window of 'symptomatic but not testing positive', paticularly if she's vaxed. They talked about it on the TWIC podcast last week during the Q&A at the end of the episode. I tested negative the first 3 days of my symptoms. I'd assume Covid, keep her home, and test tomorrow or tuesday. Around here I wouldn't bother with a PCR unless you have to have one to return to school, etc. they are taking so long but that's regional.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

GI issues were my first covid symptoms. It’s SO HARD right now. Covid looks like basically everything else that is also going around. And I didn’t know and only threw up once but felt nauseous that whole day and did not for a second think it was covid, because I just didn’t know.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    This. My DD's symptoms started last Sat, she's still testing positive as of last night. It's very possible your dd is in the window of 'symptomatic but not testing positive', paticularly if she's vaxed. They talked about it on the TWIC podcast last week during the Q&A at the end of the episode. I tested negative the first 3 days of my symptoms. I'd assume Covid, keep her home, and test tomorrow or tuesday. Around here I wouldn't bother with a PCR unless you have to have one to return to school, etc. they are taking so long but that's regional.
    Total aside, but I hope we get testing worked out so we have the prompt and reliable resources we need. With COVID symptoms being almost anything, it's hard to know if a negative test means kids should go to school or stay home for 5+ days every time they exhibit a stuffy nose. We went through this last week with DD, who had noticeable nasal congestion. Testing sites were closed for the long weekend and wintry weather. No appointments available until Wednesday evening and then we'd wait for results. I tested her at home 4 times over 3 days but I still worried we could be missing something.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

One of my friends said that her sister tested positive for COVID and strep. This is terrifying to me, because I'm wondering how many cases of strep have gone undiagnosed. That can be very serious. I have heard of several people who vomit with strep. The point is it could be a co-infection with something else.

ETA: I just talked to my mom, and learned that my brother also tested positive for strep. His wife had COVID last week, and his employer required him to show a negative COVID test before returning to work. His COVID was negative, but strep was positive. Apparently, his throat showed signs of infection, although he felt fine.
    Last edited by zukeypur; 01-24-2022 at 06:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast