Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    One of my friends said that her sister tested positive for COVID and strep. This is terrifying to me, because I'm wondering how many cases of strep have gone undiagnosed. That can be very serious. I have heard of several people who vomit with strep. The point is it could be a co-infection with something else.
    My kids only vomit when they have strep. They don’t even really get a sore throat. Constant vomiting is their sign of having strep!

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Norovirus or Covid

I think it must be a case by case basis thing. I have had strep as an adult twice in my life. The first time I was 22 and being the “stupid” college student I was at the time didn’t go to the health center when I came down with a bad cough and it hurt to swallow. I took Halls and night time NyQuil and within a week I was better. My roommate had had strep a week or two before I got it and had stayed home from school (at her parents), but apparently I am pretty sure she passed it on to me (we shared the same room). Fast forward about 15 years and I end up with the same symptoms but this time I went to the doctor and low and behold I had strep. I never threw up with either case. I only ever had those symptoms both times I had strep. My kids have also not thrown up when they have had strep. I didn’t even know that was a symptom until I reported DD2’s case to her dcp who then told me another kid was out with it and initially they thought it was a stomach bug, but it was strep.

I definitely agree that non diagnosed strep in a normal non pandemic world can be bad, but what if strep is posing as Covid?

FWIW: my only experience with norovirus is that DD2 got it when she was about 18 months old. It was nasty especially in her stools. It was then that I put her lactose free milk and low behold her stools were no longer green. She’d had reflux issues since birth so the lactose issue was really no surprise but it took norovirus for that to come about.

DH’s Covid symptoms were aches and pains, nasal congestion, and one day (the first day he felt any kind of symptoms) of a fever of 99. He was congested until about four days after he tested (symptoms started on 1/2, tested via rapid and PCR test at testing center on 1/5, had symptoms until around 1/9 or 1/10 and then tested negative on 1/15). So no clue when he was exposed it could’ve been anytime between 12/28 and 1/1 (the only time we weren’t together was when he went out to lunch on 12/28 and I stayed home). Our three friends who also tested positive on 1/4 or 1/5 and whom we saw on 1/1 all had similar symptoms but one friend had more of a fever and more congestion feeling than the other three. Dh also only had a single J&J vaccine in April.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-24-2022 at 06:32 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2