Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    WatchingThemGrow is online now Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Update!

So it turns out...it's more likely that a pelvic floor "bulge" has caused this issue. I'm set to have surgery early in the summer!

It's an anterior rectocele, and my uterus apparently slips down also when i go. So...they're going to do robotic supracervical hysterectomy along with stitching up the bulge. One happens laprascopically and the other through the vagina. yikes, but anything is better than not being able to "go" and getting backed up for years. I'm so thankful there's an apparent fix.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    Around age 47, I started noticing that my body was processing stuff differently. Also started drinking Starbucks via coffee packets (1/2 of one per day) and a time of constipation started...and has been going on for several years now. I've stopped drinking coffee, but it hasn't changed. One DS had the whole encopresis thing many years ago, and it lasted many years...but he finally cleared up. My GP said that I should just use Miralax daily. When turning 50 last year and getting my first colonoscopy, they said I should do the 3 day clean out. Wow. It was great to lose all that. The GI doc noted I had a redundant colon but everything was fine. But it's been a year with daily miralax and semi-regular 4-6 dose events on some weekends, and things aren't getting better. Whenever I eat a meal, it pretty much stays with me until I have the multi-dose event. My pants don't fit because my tummy is shaped differently and bending is hard/uncomfortable.

I've asked my doc about it every time I've been there. I messaged online last week that I'd like a referral to a GI, but her nurse sent a message that I need to schedule an appt. We've talked about this 3+ times, so I'm frustrated that she wants me to come in again about it...but I guess that's all I can do.

In the meantime, what tricks do you guys have? I use the 10-strain probiotics, sometimes fiber gummies, sometimes prunes, most of the time 30 min of walking, and what I think is a lot of water. What other things should I be trying to get my system moving again on its own? It feels crazy to be so dependent on Miralax, with an occasional laxative pill to make things move.

Default What do you do for colon health? (gross, TMI)

Glad you finally figured out the issue. MIL had a hysterectomy and prolapse surgery last summer, and she feels much better now. Fingers crossed for a speedy recovery. And what they are pulling out through the vagina is smaller than a baby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4