Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PunkyBoo View Post
    This sounds very uncomfortable!!!
    When I was pregnant the prenatal vitamins with iron caused severe constipation. I stumbled upon the recipe in the following link and it worked wonders for me. Remember to drink lots of water!!
    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...-constipation/

Now I use natural calm nightly, but if it ever got really bad again, I'd definitely do power pudding!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk
    Thank you! I completely forgot about this. DD1 has had 20-something surgeries, and has battled constipation due to pain meds. I remember the nurses making something like this for her! She used to get so constipated that she would vomit.

I'm about to go have a little bran snack.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Just want to add Natural Calm in the 20 oz. size is $18.99 at Costco right now (online and in my local warehouse…..not sure if this is a normal stocked item at all warehouses).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

It went on sale the day after I bought it, lol. DH had good luck with 1/2 scoop. I'm doing 1 full scoop every evening, will up it to twice a day now to see if something will kick loose

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Just want to add Natural Calm in the 20 oz. size is $18.99 at Costco right now (online and in my local warehouse…..not sure if this is a normal stocked item at all warehouses).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Good to know it's on sale through the 20th! I didn't go in that section at my store yesterday, but I will next time! Thanks!

off to make that pudding-

I'm not sure what worked, but something (EVERYTHING) finally worked today. It's been a super miserable week. I looked like I was 5 months pregnant last night because of the bloating. I have been doing Mg. glycinate capsules, two scoops of Natural Calm, tons of water (that is not unusual....I drink a ton of water), prunes, bean dip, veggie diet, fiber one rabbit-pellet looking cereal, tons of fruit, and the occasional stool softener. I also made overnight oats last night with greek yogurt, fiber one cereal, chia seeds, and oat milk. It was really good, and I'm hoping it helps me out as well.

Has anyone else had increased leg cramps with Natural Calm? I thought it was supposed to help with leg cramps, but I've been having more leg cramps since I started 2 scoops of it per day.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I just noticed this thread. I’m a little late to this discussion but I’m guessing this is not a hot topic. . I’ve had constipation issues since my early 20’s but I went to see a gastroenterologist in my mid 30’s because it got so bad. I just had a constant stomachache. He put me on daily Citrucil powder and it worked like a miracle. I had a dependable daily bm for years. But then in my mid 40’s everything started slowing down. The citrucil stopped working as well. Ds3 has severe constipation and has since he was 9 months old (ever since he started rice powder mixed with his breast milk poor guy). So he has been on Miralax for a long time. We always have several bottles in our house. I started to try his Miralax. Now I get a cap in my tea every morning. I also take 2 stool softener at night before bed as well. I rarely have a problem now. I still have to avoid starches and feel best when I don’t eat bread, but I can eat it without feeling miserable.

The Miralax builds up in your body so it takes a couple of days for it to start working, I’ve noticed. That’s good because it means no sudden emergencies. I’m alway nervous taking it before I travel but if I don’t, I’m miserable. I also notice it works better if I skip a meal here and there. Eating too much is probably what causes my constipation.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post

The Miralax builds up in your body so it takes a couple of days for it to start working, I’ve noticed. That’s good because it means no sudden emergencies. I’m alway nervous taking it before I travel but if I don’t, I’m miserable. I also notice it works better if I skip a meal here and there. Eating too much is probably what causes my constipation.
    Totally a hot topic and thank you for weighing in. Eating too much and age are probably my big factors too. I like the idea of skipping a meal, but that'll be so sad. I love food! And with no "eating out" for the past 2 years, I've bought more special treat foods we wouldn't normally keep, like the crab rangoons from Sam's and other fun things that are appetizer-like. They're delicious.

This sounds very uncomfortable!!!
    When I was pregnant the prenatal vitamins with iron caused severe constipation. I stumbled upon the recipe in the following link and it worked wonders for me. Remember to drink lots of water!!
    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...-constipation/

Now I use natural calm nightly, but if it ever got really bad again, I'd definitely do power pudding!

How many days before you see results with this?

DD has had a terrible time with constipation for a while now (we actually ended up in the ER once bc of it). Her GI doc wants her taking Miralax but she fights me every time. So frustrating, especially given the pain she was in when it got really bad.

I am now in my mid-40s and experiencing constipation on a somewhat regular basis. I think, after reading this thread, I’ll start with Natural Calm and see how that goes. Thanks for all the great info!

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sf333 View Post
    How many days before you see results with this?

DD has had a terrible time with constipation for a while now (we actually ended up in the ER once bc of it). Her GI doc wants her taking Miralax but she fights me every time. So frustrating, especially given the pain she was in when it got really bad.

I am now in my mid-40s and experiencing constipation on a somewhat regular basis. I think, after reading this thread, I’ll start with Natural Calm and see how that goes. Thanks for all the great info!
    It was a long time ago, but I think it only took a couple of days. I would eat a scoop of the pudding then drink a big glass of water before eating breakfast.
    The natural calm takes a couple days to build up too.

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

It was a long time ago, but I think it only took a couple of days. I would eat a scoop of the pudding then drink a big glass of water before eating breakfast.
    The natural calm takes a couple days to build up too.

Thanks!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast