Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I take a magnesium supplement 3 days a week (MWF). More than that is too much although every now and then I might take one on the weekend if necessary. I have issues when I vacation and even when I visit my parents but I know things will happen by the end of my trip! Never had a problem until I had my DC.

I have friends who say that coffee makes them go and it works for DD too but I don’t drink coffee unless it has whipped cream on it. DS tried natural calm and he thought it was gross but I personally have never tried it since pills are easier! DD had major issues as a young child and had to take miralax for a couple of years every day.

I saw my nephew over the holidays and he was popping 12 citrucel pills at once. He also uses miralax. He has major problems. I asked him if he saw a GI doctor cuz that didn’t seem like a good thing.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

here is what has helped me to be regular on the daily and get rid of bloating. i've had IBS on and off since college
    - NO DAIRY
    - No gluten
    - waking up at same time every day, early in the morning (before 6:00am)
    - fresh green juice (kale, cukes, apple, lemon, ginger, celery) or carrot juice. I have a Breville juicer that i use and drink 16 oz a day

And yes, Natural Calm is great.
    For me, if i eat dairy or gluten, it tends to eff me up. I'm vegan so i've been avoiding dairy for years anyways. Also travel always messes me up no matter what.
    i don't drink coffee ever (can't, my stomach can't tolerate).

if i had to pick one thing i would recommend to anyone dealing with constipation woudl be to stop having dairy for a few weeks. i've been vegan since 2018 so maybe i'm biased.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 01-25-2022 at 12:20 AM.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wanted to share this article in case it helps someone.

https://www.self.com/story/what-your...ut-your-health
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Twin Mom View Post
    I wanted to share this article in case it helps someone.

https://www.self.com/story/what-your...ut-your-health
    Thanks! This is great!!

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

This is all SO helpful! Thank you for making this thread so informative!

Just FYI, Sam's also has Natural Calm, and it's cheaper with free shipping for Plus members. I'm one dose in...and totally planning to incorporate what the rest of you have found success. Aiming for normalcy!

Keep the info coming!

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I have cycles of constipation and then the opposite problem but I do think I need to be fully DF and GF which I am apparently terrible at. I did want to share a supplement my doctor suggested that I like and seems to help improve the general state of my digestion. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4415827]here is what has helped me to be regular on the daily and get rid of bloating. i've had IBS on and off since college
    - NO DAIRY
    - No gluten
    - waking up at same time every day, early in the morning (before 6:00am)
    - fresh green juice (kale, cukes, apple, lemon, ginger, celery) or carrot juice. I have a Breville juicer that i use and drink 16 oz a day

And yes, Natural Calm is great.
    For me, if i eat dairy or gluten, it tends to eff me up. I'm vegan so i've been avoiding dairy for years anyways. Also travel always messes me up no matter what.
    i don't drink coffee ever (can't, my stomach can't tolerate).

if i had to pick one thing i would recommend to anyone dealing with constipation woudl be to stop having dairy for a few weeks. i've been vegan since 2018 so maybe i'm biased.
    Ah, I can relate to so much of this. I was never a coffee drinker but giving it up completely has been great. This is a coffee substitute I have on hand for occasional indulgence https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082WLXL39...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Since I have been a vegan since the last 7 years being dairy free is easy.
    I’m not gluten free though. I’d like to avoid flour products but I’m not totally there yet but have certainly cut down on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

First off, hugs... it is so hard...

Definitely make an appointment with GI, even if it's a little ways out.

Try giving up dairy and/or gluten for a time and see if that helps. HOWEVER, before giving up gluten, try to get a celiac test. It's a blood test, but it's most effective if you are still consuming gluten.

Two years ago I gave up dairy, then gluten, at the advise of GI. About a year later a dietician asked if I had ever been tested for celiac. A quick blood test and ... it's celiac (tested positive even having minimal gluten exposure). This one test explained 30 years of IBS/anxiety diagnoses. I am slowly adding dairy back into my diet, but will be gluten free for life at this point. The headaches are almost completely gone and my gut is slowly getting better as it heals from the constant exposure to gluten. It is definitely worth doing the test now before you give up gluten completely.

DC took natural calm for years...there is a powder and a gummy... now she takes magnesium supplements that work for her.

Definitely get the referral to GI. In the meantime, start tracking you diet and see if you can find triggers. It is a pain in the neck, but can be worth it to see what might be the reason...

I have decreased the Mg capsules and have been taking the Natural Calm at night. Also stool softener mid-day, and started snacking on prunes. Today was the first day I've gone in at least 4 days, maybe 5. I'm miserable and have had a headache now for 2 days. I saw a recipe for overnight oatmeal with flax and bran, so maybe that will help? I'm mostly dairy-free (occasional greek yogurt and hard cheese) due to lactose intolerance, so I don't think that's the issue. My dad is super concerned with all of the Mg I'm taking; he thinks I will get osteoporosis.

PunkyBoo is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by zukeypur View Post
    I have decreased the Mg capsules and have been taking the Natural Calm at night. Also stool softener mid-day, and started snacking on prunes. Today was the first day I've gone in at least 4 days, maybe 5. I'm miserable and have had a headache now for 2 days. I saw a recipe for overnight oatmeal with flax and bran, so maybe that will help? I'm mostly dairy-free (occasional greek yogurt and hard cheese) due to lactose intolerance, so I don't think that's the issue. My dad is super concerned with all of the Mg I'm taking; he thinks I will get osteoporosis.
    This sounds very uncomfortable!!!
    When I was pregnant the prenatal vitamins with iron caused severe constipation. I stumbled upon the recipe in the following link and it worked wonders for me. Remember to drink lots of water!!
    https://www.peoplespharmacy.com/arti...-constipation/

Now I use natural calm nightly, but if it ever got really bad again, I'd definitely do power pudding!

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast