Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is anyone else worried about the Ukraine situation and impacts on travel? I know there’s a lot of land between Eastern and Western Europe but I’m starting to have a little hesitation on our upcoming trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We canceled our trip a few weeks ago. DH can work remotely if we caught Covid during travels. DC could attend online but in person is so much better for them. We decided we didn’t want to take the risk. We haven’t ruled international travel out for summer when DC won’t have school to worry about. Snuggle - isn’t your trip this summer? I wouldn’t worry just yet.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    We canceled our trip a few weeks ago. DH can work remotely if we caught Covid during travels. DC could attend online but in person is so much better for them. We decided we didn’t want to take the risk. We haven’t ruled international travel out for summer when DC won’t have school to worry about. Snuggle - isn’t your trip this summer? I wouldn’t worry just yet.
    Yeah, not til June so plenty of time but it’s a niggle in the back of my brain that we might have to upend our plans.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Yeah, not til June so plenty of time but it’s a niggle in the back of my brain that we might have to upend our plans.

As long you bought travel insurance, I wouldn’t let that worry me.

We’re not going till mid April and are prepared for different scenarios. It’s a non stop short flight away, so it’s doable if one of us have to stay behind and fly home as both of us can work remotely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Is anyone else worried about the Ukraine situation and impacts on travel? I know there’s a lot of land between Eastern and Western Europe but I’m starting to have a little hesitation on our upcoming trip.

Yes, I'm definitely concerned. I've been so wishy-washy about booking a summer European vacation due to Covid. I came close to booking in November but then Omicron came into the picture. I booked hotels in Toronto, Montreal and Quebec City instead. Then numbers went down and we all felt the pull of Europe so I planned a trip to Germany. DH wanted Berlin and Poland but I nixed that two weeks ago. Now I'm thinking Germany may be too close for comfort. I only have refundable hotel reservations so far but I want to get our flights solidified. We can always go back to our original plan of Canada but I'm not making that decision yet.

DD(10) is supposed to be in Italy, traveling with MIL, during the same time the rest of us are in Germany. Just another wrinkle to consider.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by baymom View Post
    Yes, we have a trip to Barcelona and Madrid planned for the last week of March, during our kids’ spring break.

DH and DS are taking a very quick one week trip to Asia next week to attend a family wedding. I’m concerned that they could catch COVID and have to quarantine there for another week. From what we are hearing folks there aren’t masking anymore.
    We felt pretty safe in Spain. They require all travelers to be vaxed. We did the COVID tests to return to the US at the airport in Madrid. You want to make sure you make appointments for that. People mask in Madrid- even if outside. PM me if you need a hotel in Madrid - loved ours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2