Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We avoided it for 2 years. But then when my school district insisted on opening up when we are in the midst of a huge surge, it took 4 days of school before my son was sick and tested positive. Now I’m sick as well as my older son. I’m livid because the district pushed ahead knowing it wasn’t safe and thousands of students/staff are getting sick daily. It’s awful!

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We avoided it for 2 years. But then when my school district insisted on opening up when we are in the midst of a huge surge, it took 4 days of school before my son was sick and tested positive. Now I’m sick as well as my older son. I’m livid because the district pushed ahead knowing it wasn’t safe and thousands of students/staff are getting sick daily. It’s awful!

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Hope that you all have mild cases and quick recoveries! I feel your frustration. If my school hadn’t decided to go mask optional and limit contact tracing, my kids probably wouldn’t have brought it home either. I know several vaccinated, careful families that the kids caught it at school. Thankfully my kids got over it easily. I’m still easily worn out though and am hoping I get back to normal soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only DS1 got covid last Fall and DS2 was a close contact twice since school started. Masking is still required in schools, public spaces, and transportation, as well major stores and my local supermarket. While it was rampant a month ago, i feel its easing up according to our state dashboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just had it and got off quarantine over the weekend. My husband still seems to have avoided it and he’s had to work the whole time and did emergencies for everyone when things first went nuts.

I’m pretty sure my boys have all had it, but it’s been mild for all of us. It was the worst for me and it really wasn’t that bad. Half a day of fever and chills that was the worst of it.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Only DS1 got covid last Fall and DS2 was a close contact twice since school started. Masking is still required in schools, public spaces, and transportation, as well major stores and my local supermarket. While it was rampant a month ago, i feel its easing up according to our state dashboard.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We haven't had it...yet. We basically didn't go anywhere and did work and school from home for 17 months. We did go on a one week vacation in August 2021 but mostly dined outside, etc. My husband is still working from home but I went back to work hybrid (3 days a week in office at a university) in August. I have a private office and I wear a KF94 mask anytime I am around someone else. My son also started at the same university (living at home) in August but he wore a mask and his only large class was online.

Now that the spring semester has started my son has more in-person classes and a 300 person lecture but he is wearing an N95 mask. I had a co-worker (office next to mine) test positive two weeks ago but luckily I hadn't seen her the week before that. Last Wednesday I talked to our student worker for a few minutes who I hadn't seen in a month and she tested positive literally an hour later after getting a call her mom was positive. We were both wearing masks and I guess I'm fine. I've had one student meeting in my office last week and they had no mask on (we can't require them) and I could have another any day. DH, DS, and I are all high risk so we're doing our best to continue to avoid it, but I figure it's pretty inevitable at this point, it seems to be a matter of when not if.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Well, as of today we have avoided it...however ds' best friend from school just texted that he has it. Masks are required at their school, except when eating, which ds tells me he does outside...but we will see. Ds caught a cold from the same friend in early December at school, so... As many of you know we have been really careful, but ds is in person school since Sept and dd is at in person community college since the beginnng of this month.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I am shocked I made it this far, but we finally got it two weeks ago.

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JBaxter View Post
    Had I not given blood I would not have known I had covid. I didn't know I had it until the antibodies showed So I wonder how many others like me are out there
    The answer to your question: https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jam...rticle/2788894

This is in unvaccinated individuals: "...antibodies were detected in 99% of individuals who reported a positive COVID-19 test result, in 55% who believed they had COVID-19 but were never tested, and in 11% who believed they had never had COVID-19 infection."
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast