Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Anyone else seem to have avoided getting Covid?

As far as we know, no one in my immediate family has gotten covid. It seems like a miracle since both DH and I area front line staff in a hospital and the kids are going to school full time. I mean, we *might* have had it, but who knows? None of us experienced any symptoms that would have made us think covid. This is not a dig to anyone who has had covid, like I said, it's crazy that we've seemed to have avoided it so far!

I saw this tweet recently and it made me think, "yeah, it feels like my time might be coming" lol
    Attachment 5281

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Knock on wood. Ditto that we could have had it but wouldn't know. Dh and ds2 tested after an exposure and we tested once before visiting with family. But, we haven't tested when we have had an occasional headache or sniffle so maybe we had it. I just talked to a few of my friends as well and no one has had it either. We have been pretty busy out of the house. Ds2 worked on a show at school and both dh and I volunteered and attended several of the performances. Everyone was masked but I was certainly with a sea or people numerous times. Ds2 goes to school full time.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So far we have avoided COVID. I'm also surprised. We've had a few incidents where one of my kids (or DH) exhibited symptoms. We've always tested the whole family at least once during those periods of time and so far have not tested positive. I don't feel like I can say we haven't caught it for sure but we have no proof of catching it. I do think we will catch it at some point and don't think we haven't caught it because of anything particularly virtuous we have done.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My kids have had it twice but DH and I have continued to test negative!! I find it pretty puzzling, because my kids are all over me and in my bed when they are sick. I have no idea how we have avoided it.

My sister has been exposed more times than we can count since the beginning of the pandemic and she just caught it last week.
    Last edited by petesgirl; 01-24-2022 at 01:05 PM.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

None of the 4 of us have had it, as far as we know. DH works outside the home and has had several exposures but tested negative each time. Like PP said, knock on wood!! I've been working at home since April 2020 and hardly go anywhere and mask everywhere. I just told DH and the kids that we need to assume that every single person you see currently has covid, so we are exposed every day, and take all necessary precautions. Because it is likely to be true.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DD1 caught it this past week, and knock on wood the rest of us keep testing negative. I thought for sure we would all get sick. I have had SO many direct exposures thanks to work (teacher), and since we returned from winter break have been testing twice a week. So far all negative.

We had avoided it until a week and a half ago when DD brought it home from preschool. I ended up testing positive too, but DH and DS have stayed negative.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So far, no one in my household has come down with it, that we know of. DH was being tested 3 times week back in the fall of 2020, when the rest of us were still staying home almost all the time, and those were all negative. I've been back at work since June, and the kids have been back full time at school this year (last year was half time, and only about a third of the students in the classroom), so I keep worrying that the other shoe will drop, but it hasn't yet.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My immediate family, 5 of us, have not had Covid yet. I feel like it's closing in though and feel like we'll get it in the next week or so. Everyone I know has had Covid in the past 3 weeks! I started phlebotomy school last weekend (it's just Sat and Sun for 3 weeks) and I was a close contact on day 1! There's only 5 of us and on day 1 one girl said her husband had a cough from his booster . The next day she was absent and then tested positive this past Tuesday. Another girl was home sick on day 2 with the "flu" and a 3rd girl was home sick this weekend after she told me on day 1 that her entire family had Covid! She still hasn't tested yet so I'm just going to assume covid. So not very good odds for a class of 5 students! I woke up today with a really bad headache. I did a rapid test Saturday night after finding out I was a close contact but had no symptoms then and it was negative.

DS2's friend tested positive after school on Friday and is in every single one of DS2's classes and eats at his lunch table. So now DS2 is a close contact too. So it's definitely closing in.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Waiting for the other shoe to drop here too. We've had several exposures that we know of and I'm sure many that we don't even know about. DH has been working OTH since last fall 2020 and the kids have been in school. My kids have played sports the whole time, including a good amount of travel. It feels inevitable that our time is coming.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast