Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

3 out of 4 in my house have had it in the past 2 weeks. Pretty sure one of the kids brought it home from school (they mask but it is mask optional currently). I work from home and we hadn’t been to church for a few weeks due to icy weather, so other than occasional errands and a few small group activities masked, school had to be the source. The girls had slight symptoms that I wouldn’t have even guessed as Covid. I only tested at home because my chest started feeling tight after what I thought was slight allergies or cold (sneezing and h as congestion). Not sure how DH avoided it but he has had a negative PCR and rapid since we all tested positive on the same day. Looking at my upcoming work schedule I guess I’m glad I got it now instead of February, but I am still wearing out easily and my chest still does not feel right. No couch, just a heaviness and it feels worse after I exert too much energy. Debating if I should schedule a visit to my pcp to have that checked or if this is normal recovery. I had my booster at the beginning of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jent is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m not tempting fate by responding
    That was my first thought when reading this thread!

As far as we know, not yet. We are minimizing our exposures, but I work in health care (though with chronic illness, not on front lines). The first 2 weeks that DD was back at school over the holidays, she was identified as a contact 5 times... but our school system identifies everyone as a contact if they are in the same class, bus route, or club/sport as an identified case. DD's school has been masking all year though, and a huge percent of the student body is vaccinated.

Like someone upthread, DD and I did have a bad "flu" in late Feb 2020, that we passed on to DH's parents (MIL got quite sick, though did not need hospitalization). I'll always wonder if that was Covid, though as far as I know no one had taste/smell issues so maybe not.
    Jen, mom to "Little Miss Tiny" 4/07

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Had I not given blood I would not have known I had covid. I didn't know I had it until the antibodies showed So I wonder how many others like me are out there
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

bw52 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I didn’t think we would make it the first 2 weeks after Christmas break without getting it, but we are still healthy. I get close contacts notices from my kids school almost every single day, meaning someone in their class had it at school. One of my kids best friends are home with it. She eats lunch and plays with them everyday. At least half of their class has already had it just since Christmas break. I’m really surprised they didn’t quarantine the whole class, but my district is very against switching to virtual. My other daughter sat next to kids for 3 hours just before they got positive test results. I tested both of them a few days ago just to be sure and they were negative. They are really good about wearing good masks, thankfully. That seems to be working!

We've all had it since New Years (confirmed cases for DD and I, suspected for DH), except for DS. He does go to a smaller elem school than DD and the outbreak in her class was so bad public health got involved and said they could only keep the classroom open if everyone still there tested, a first for us as testing is totally optional here and not really advertised/encouraged. But I don't really know how he didn't catch it at home between DD and I, esp DD, she was very positive on all the antigen tests for several days. (A stark contrast to me -I only tested positive once and and tested neg 12 hrs on either side of that test so if they are 'contagiousness' tests as I'm seeing some folks on twitter suggest we rename them to I wasn't very contagious, just very under the weather. Guess that's my middle age immune system for ya. )
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

DD2 brought it home from school, started showing symptoms on day 5 of exposure - and we're now at day 7 of isolation, and she's still testing positive on rapid. DD1 and I have been testing negative - but who knows. I also feel like the other shoe will drop any minute. DD1 and I are both boosted. DD2 only had two doses of the pediatric dose. I wonder if that's the difference, for our household at least. We have been SUPREMELY careful, but both girls do go to to school (when not in Q or Isolation, lol).

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Same here and i'm also amazed covid has not popped up on this house. I have one kid in middle school and one in elementary, where no masks are required and have never stopped going to school. I get notifications DAILY that my son (6th grade) had a positive case in his class and possibily was exposed. I traveled a ton in Nov and December (Disneyland and then various work trips, and visiting family).

knocking on wood!!

my brother who works at Target though (in San Fran) found out he got covid the other day, however he has very minimal symptoms. that is the power of the vaccine!

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by doberbrat View Post
    btw, Liz I cant see the attachment??
    ugh, I always have a tough time with attachments on this site. let me try again.

Screenshot_20220124-092955_Twitter.jpg

And to those who are leery of posting about not getting covid, I totally get it! I feel like it's a matter of when, not if, at this point. I'm sure my family will get some form of it sooner or later, just waiting for the other shoe to drop, so to speak.

No one in my household has had it. We have done more than some but would still be considered to be cautious by most people. Someone in our household has been rapid antigen testing 2 times a week since June because first DS was in a study, and after he was done I signed up.
    The miraculous thing is that my mother hasn't gotten it. She has traveled a ton - even during the worst of it - and is horrible about masking. She has eaten out ever since the restaurants re-opened.
    My mother-in-law hasn't had it but she is paranoid and hasn't gone anywhere in the last 2 years.

duplicate

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast