Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

I’m not tempting fate by responding
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Deleted - duplicate

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Yeah I seriously debated too. None of us have had it. DD in school hybrid last year and full time this year, although masked other than lunch. I work from home, and DH in a small office. But we've traveled more than some would be comfortable, shopped, eaten out etc. (To be clear - i didn't even eat out outside til fully vaxxed but now that we are all vaxxed we do, and we're also all boosted.)

As someone else said, we have not been aggressive about testing for every sniffle and headache so maybe. DH and I both came home from a trip with colds - but soon after vax, definitely cold symptoms, relatively mild, and when testing was very hard to get here so we didn't since we both had same symptoms and DD was at camp.

I was also in Seattle in January 2020, when it was there but no one knew it, and felt crappy - so maybe got it then. The one thing that really makes me think I may have had it is that in the last couple years I can't taste a couple VERY specific things (buffalo sauce is one), and my sense of smell comes and goes a bit - never totally gone but relatively often I have to consciously smell my shower products because I will realize I didn't smell them as usual - still there but faint.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We're also waiting our turn...

It's possible we've had it but I would find it hard to believe that everyone had it and that everyone was asymptomatic. We have had our share of allergy symptoms - sneezing/runny noses/cough from post-nasal drip. But no fevers or sore throats. DH and I work from home but kids have been back in mask-optional school since last August (our kids are wearing their masks). Half their friends are out sick so it really really feels like we are just...

waiting our turn...

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

duplicate
    Last edited by twowhat?; 01-24-2022 at 02:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I was very careful in my wording for the same exact reason!!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Duplicate
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not as far as we know! DH goes to work in person but they have to wear masks. Right now they’re at 50% so he was at home for the past couple of weeks. Dd works mostly from home, though when she goes in she works with people who cannot wear masks so it’s a bit precarious but she wears a KN95- She and her out of town friends test before meeting. DS goes in person to a small college, so definitely the highest risk, though the college itself is taking a lot of precautions, like masking, regular testing, mandatory boosters, and quarantining.

I am mostly at home and take precautions when I go out, though I have done a little travel and a bit of eating indoors, which is the riskiest thing, plus gathering with family over the holidays. I have met a friend indoors a couple of times recently, but aside from that I’m trying to avoid being indoors with others unless I have a mask on, at least through this omicron period.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So far I think all four of us have evaded it. DH and I have been working out of home the entire time and DDs have both been fully in person. We had our Omicron peak here the 2 weeks after xmas and it seemed everyone in town and at their schools had it. DD2 had a cold two weeks ago but had 2 neg tests. I had that same cold a few days later and also had 2 neg tests. So who knows!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

As far as I know our household hasn't had it yet. We've all been tested plenty except for DH who was tested for the first time this month (negative). I do acknowledge we could have had it in the household without knowing, but I also think that pretty unlikely with the number of random tests for both exposures and symptoms.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast