Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

2 of my 3 kids have had it- about a month apart from each other- but the rest of us have not. Not sure how we have managed that, but expect that we may all get it at some point- although cases do seem to be declining quickly in our area. DD is only about a week in so there is still time for one of us to get it from her, and I have been less careful with masks etc around her this time.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have not, despite DH being an in person teacher, me working in person, and our kids being in an unmasked school (although they do mask). We have antibody tests at work and have identified many staff members with no known exposure or symptoms, but IGM antibodies that indicate recent infection. Totally anecdotal and just idle curiosity for our staff really - but it sure seems like we've had quite a bit of asymptomatic cases.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    We have not, despite DH being an in person teacher, me working in person, and our kids being in an unmasked school (although they do mask). We have antibody tests at work and have identified many staff members with no known exposure or symptoms, but IGM antibodies that indicate recent infection. Totally anecdotal and just idle curiosity for our staff really - but it sure seems like we've had quite a bit of asymptomatic cases.
    I've been curious about this...I assume the antibody test are specific for non-vaccine induced immunity?

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

2 of the 4 of us have had it in the last month. I am one of the two and it was also my first Covid test besides one home test. DS and DH did not get it despite being in the same household. I am on day 9 so they still could get it I guess but we have been very careful. I am pretty sure I got it on a business trip to FL. I was masked around others but others were not.

At the very beginning in March 2020 I heard someone on the radio say that 99% of us would get it. I didn’t believe it but also didn’t think we would be dealing with this almost 2 years later. I think Fauci said 70% would get Omicron. At this point I am happy to have it over with and although we will continue to be careful I will enjoy hopefully a few weeks at least of immunity.
    Last edited by mmsmom; 01-24-2022 at 04:16 PM.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

3 of the 6 of had it in the last couple of weeks. Thank goodness, DH didn't catch it. He's vaxed and boosted but I worry because his immune systems is compromised. I just don't know how this virus will affect him. I'd like to delay that until the virus has mutated into something less virulent.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    I’m not tempting fate by responding
    This.

I will say that my last antibody titer showed only spike protein antibody. I can't remember when my next draw is, but I'm very anxious to see what it says. I have no indication that we've had it, but I have a super high titer, and DH just got boosted in November.

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

No, none of us have had it. We both have worked outside of the house this whole time as well.

Feel like I'm tempting fate also. Not that we know of. If any of the five of us have had Covid, we all had completely mild cases that at most were a headache or sniffles. We tested a a half dozen or so times in the past year after close proximity, known exposures, but now I'm waiting for symptoms or a really close contact.

I have two high schoolers and one middle schooler. Over 10% of the HS student population is confirmed and reported Covid in the two weeks back from winter break. MS is about 8%. HS daily absentee rate topped out at over 12% and Friday dropped to below 7% for first time since after Thanksgiving.

We're just assuming our kids are swimming in it and I'm waiting for something to pop.

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

btw, Liz I cant see the attachment??
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

doberbrat is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

btw, Liz I cant see the attachment??
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast