lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default How to Get PERFUME Out of Fabrics?

DD's bestie apparently sprayed perfume all over DD and her things the last time they played together.

DD doesn't wear perfume and she was EXTREMELY upset that the perfume had been sprayed on her person, one of her favorite shirts, her coat, hat, and a favorite mini backpack. I have fragrance-triggered asthma and allergies, so perfume is really iffy for me ... and I used to LOVE wearing it on special occasions, but that was like 20 years ago.

Is there anything other than baking soda/vinegar that I should try?
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I would try putting them outside if you get a sunny day. Sorry she got sprayed!

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I would try putting them outside if you get a sunny day. Sorry she got sprayed!
    The bestie is back on my fecal roster for this, TBH. I have a lot of empathy for the emotional upheaval this kid is experiencing (long story, largely irrelevant) but that doesn't excuse her spraying perfume on my un-consenting kid because Bestie thought it would be funny or whatever reasoning she had. (Also, when Bestie is feeling her feelings, she often treats DD poorly. DD, trying to be "a good friend" by this kid's definition, will forgive anything, although she's really peeved about the perfume.)

I'll also have to help DD wash her hair using a vinegar rinse because DD still smells it in her hair and it's been a week.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle