Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Sure - it was Northern Outdoors in The Forks. Resort is really stretching it but it had everything we needed for our time there. Like I said, it was rustic but our cabin was clean and spacious, the restaurant food was very casual but decent and the activities were perfect for active kids. We picked up groceries outside Bar Harbor before we drove up for breakfasts and snacks.

https://www.northernoutdoors.com/maine/
    Whoa, we just happened to stop at that resort for lunch on a road trip! We were driving between Quebec City and Acadia - we didn't know much about the area and were just looking for some food. While we were there a group came in from rafting, and they were having the time of their lives. My kids were jealous, and we were all wishing we had a couple more nights!
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    We did a great Seattle-Olympic National Park circle once. Should have added Portland, OR but otherwise it was great! We did a few days in Seattle and then did a few nights at various points in Olympic National Park. We like to do our trips that way- a few busy city days followed by nature and more relaxation.
    We did this a few summers ago (actually Olympic first and the ferried our rental car to Seattle and spent a few days there). It's gorgeous!

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I second Acadia or Traverse City MI - they would be great with the ages of your kids
    A cabin in/near the Smokies
    A wild card option - we spent a long weekend in St. Louis MO with the kids a few years ago. It's a really fun town and I've been itching to go back - the City Museum and the Arch were highlights for both kids and adults
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Where should we go for our family trip?

One other thing to think about for the PNW is rental cars the last few years (dating back to around 2017….the last time I thought we would fly to Seattle or Portland and then return the rental car in the other city) was very expensive (a compact started at $50 a day iirc) so keep that in mind. It ended up being cheaper to fly to Sacramento (we have family there), rent a car there, and spend a night in Medford on the way to Portland (we drove straight thru from Portland to Sacramento on our return and then flew home a few days later). We didnt get to Seattle but still had a nice 4 full days in Portland. In March, 2020 (my last trip to Portland) I was able to get a Toyota Camry in the $150 range for four days (Friday-Monday) (including fees) so there might be deals to be had but don’t count on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2