Default Tool for organizing parents/alums

We have a need for information sharing with school parents as well as alumni. A place to be repository of information/discussion regarding upcoming district bond issue, organizing groups for work days, planning activities/dances whenever those happen again.

Right now it’s a small group of parents on GroupMe and not efficient nor functional for our needs.

Needs to be place which fosters discussion and getting down to details while allowing more people to join in and get involved.

Was thinking some kind of Bulletin Board/forum would be the best way to do that since “mommy boards” like this have helped me so much.

Anyone have experience setting one up? Ones to look at and ones to avoid?

TIA

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Would setting up a facebook group work? You could make it public or private.... you could have questions that must be answered before a person joins to make control who has access and to collect data. You could have facebook events. You could post links to signup genius pages for people to volunteer for activities....

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Would setting up a facebook group work? You could make it public or private.... you could have questions that must be answered before a person joins to make control who has access and to collect data. You could have facebook events. You could post links to signup genius pages for people to volunteer for activities....
    good idea

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Facebook group has worked for announcements of events to a certain extent but when it comes to like organizing a dance, the after graduation party or sub discussion related to specifics of bond issue, we’ve ended up saving things to our personal google drive and sharing link but then someone engages days later and it’s hard to find.

And the people who are focused on the bond issue disengage when the posts are taken over with graduation plans.

We’re just trying to bring some order and structure.

I did find that Wix has forums that they host on their servers so might try that and see if it helps.