AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have Liberty Tabletop silverware?

We need some additional forks, spoons, and knives because I swear we are using way more of this due to being home and random pieces have gone missing over the years. Our current pattern (Reed and Barton Longwood) has long been discontinued and I can’t even find any originals on EBay or Replacements.com (most retailers including Replacements, Silver Superstore, and Amazon now sell replicas that reviewers have reported items are all now MIC and the quality is lacking and the metal is now 18/10 vs. 18/8). I found Liberty Tabletop online and even though they are 18/10 vs. the heavier 18/8 they are made at the old Oneida factory in New York so it is one less thing I have to worry about where it was made. We are down to two patterns from the samples I order (Lincoln, and Lexington).

(Cutco Flatware is also MIUSA but that isn’t my style at all and it is very very expensive so not even an option even if it was my style)
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-25-2022 at 02:33 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have any advice but boy, it should not be allowable to retire flatware or sneaker models.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    I don't have any advice but boy, it should not be allowable to retire flatware or sneaker models.
    Right! Or china patterns (our fine china is long discontinued as well and the Corelle I bought last year is now discontinued….at least winter white goes with everything)..…but funny thing is the silverware pattern we almost went with in 2003 (Crate and Barrel’s Tuscany) is still available, but when I showed it to DH the other day he said he didn’t like it. We chose the one we did because it was available at Macy’s (and related stores) and we figured more people would prefer to shop at Macy’s than Crate and Barrel for wedding gifts (we had a lot of guests that were 50+ and who lived in areas where C&B wasn’t located).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)