Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone bought anything fun recently?

I decided last night I needed a new wallet. I don’t really care for my current one; a vintage (mid to late 90s-early 2000s), yet brand new Dooney and Bourke all weather leather wallet (identical to this current listing) I bought over a year ago on Mercari or Poshmark (I think the seller found it at an estate sale and it was never used) and I got it for $50, but I honestly think the insides of it are too stiff because it was never broken in when it was new and my ID doesn’t fit in the id pocket (because CA ids are now slightly larger than they were before) so my id gets stuck all the time and now my credit cards are sticking to the inside slots. I had the same style wallet prior that I had also bought used off EBay in around 2001 and used it until it finally fell apart about 5 years ago (and that one was probably from the late 80s or early 90s). So to replace this one I finally decided to look at Portland Leather Goods and bought the women’s billfold wallet in merlot, and then saw that they were having a mystery tote sale for $128 and ordered one of those. The mystery bag comes with four other products as well. Needless to say I can’t wait to get it and see what I get. I did keep the wallet in my order because I am hoping that I don’t get a zip around wallet in the mystery bag as I am particular about my wallet styles and the last zip around wallet I had I got sick of after about a year because the zipper kept getting stuck.

I have also bought a few flatware samples from Liberty Flatware (I just ordered a 3rd set for $10 because we weren’t 100% sure on the other ones we ordered).

ETA: I also realized when I ordered last night I hadn’t bought a new handbag (other than the Lo And Sons travel tote last May) in over 3 years and that I had given away a ton of random handbags I had no attachment to when we moved 18 months ago. I like the other four bags I use on a regular basis (LV Speedy 30, Marc Jacobs saddle bag, ancient Kate Spade nylon zippered shoulder bag, and an ancient non logo brown leather Coach hobo bag), but I am looking forward to something new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-26-2022 at 04:51 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The mystery bag sounds fun!

I did get a couple of new things recently I'm really enjoying. Previously I posted here that I have these 2 containers for keeping washed and chopped vegetables in to eat throughout the week.https://smile.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-...s%2C106&sr=8-2 And I like them but I've been on the lookout for something better. In the summer I host friends and their kids to come hang out at our pool and I set out snacks for the kids and the moms. I'm always on the lookout for something that keeps the food colder longer. For the first time in years I was invited to a Pampered Chef party. I have a few PC things and really like them so I thought I'd look over their new stuff. I bought these and have been using them for the past week: https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/En...%26+Serve/2614 I bought the bigger and the smaller one. It's not easy to tell from the website but the freezer inserts can come out and the bottom part can be used for an additional food storage. Right now I'm using the divided sections for chopped veggies but I'm using the bottom part (where the freezer inserts would normally go) for washed and dried lettuce. It's pretty handy and I really like both the big and smaller containers.

It's silly, really, because the Rubbermaid trays are perfectly fine except that my washed lettuce always goes unnoticed and unloved in the back of the fridge by the rest of the family. If the lettuce is in the same storage container as the rest of the veggies maybe they will eat more. But I'm really excited to use them out by the pool this summer. They are expensive for what they are, and the plastic is not as durable as the Rubbermaid, but I really struggle to keep food cool by the pool in the summer. It's a trivial purchase but I'm enjoying it.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-26-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Along the same lines as Gatorsmom, I have been looking for YEARS for a glass pitcher for sweet tea. We had been making it in a plastic pitcher and I was really not happy with the hot water in plastic thing but I never could find a big glass pitcher that ticked all my boxes. Well I finally found one and I seriously love it! It’s beautiful, heat-safe, big enough and comes with a long spoon that is perfect for stirring in the sugar. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For me, it really is the little things!

I am loving my Christmas present--FORM goggles for swimming. You customize the data you want to see and it displays in the right lens of the goggles. So I know my distance, time, intervals, etc. I don't have to decipher my watch while looking out through goggles. And these count the distance even when I am using a kick board or doing one arm drills. It really is awesome!!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would have loved those goggles when I swam! I always lost count of my laps so I had to resort to going through the alphabet several times.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't know about fun but I just got this water bottle organizer today and it's been life changing! No more having to move water bottles in the front to get to the ones in the back. It's way too expensive for what it is, but it will last forever! https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01M1K54O1...ing=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    The mystery bag sounds fun!

I did get a couple of new things recently I'm really enjoying. Previously I posted here that I have these 2 containers for keeping washed and chopped vegetables in to eat throughout the week.https://smile.amazon.com/Rubbermaid-...s%2C106&sr=8-2 And I like them but I've been on the lookout for something better. In the summer I host friends and their kids to come hang out at our pool and I set out snacks for the kids and the moms. I'm always on the lookout for something that keeps the food colder longer. For the first time in years I was invited to a Pampered Chef party. I have a few PC things and really like them so I thought I'd look over their new stuff. I bought these and have been using them for the past week: https://www.pamperedchef.com/shop/En...%26+Serve/2614 I bought the bigger and the smaller one. It's not easy to tell from the website but the freezer inserts can come out and the bottom part can be used for an additional food storage. Right now I'm using the divided sections for chopped veggies but I'm using the bottom part (where the freezer inserts would normally go) for washed and dried lettuce. It's pretty handy and I really like both the big and smaller containers.

It's silly, really, because the Rubbermaid trays are perfectly fine except that my washed lettuce always goes unnoticed and unloved in the back of the fridge by the rest of the family. If the lettuce is in the same storage container as the rest of the veggies maybe they will eat more. But I'm really excited to use them out by the pool this summer. They are expensive for what they are, and the plastic is not as durable as the Rubbermaid, but I really struggle to keep food cool by the pool in the summer. It's a trivial purchase but I'm enjoying it.
    I bought that Rubbermaid container on your recommendation. DH has a recent type 2 diabetes diagnosis. I fill the container with veggies and DH takes some work with some dip and then snacks on them when he gets home if dinner isn’t ready. I eat from the veggie tray too. Thanks for suggesting it

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I just bought my first “real” apron. It just makes me happy. It’s the Sad Papi cross back from Hedley and Bennett. Now I want like 10!!

https://www.hedleyandbennett.com/pro...apron-sad-papi

Jeanne is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The best mushroom cleaning tool. Don’t know how I lived without it all these years.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073X54VM9...roduct_details

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm embarrassed to admit it bc of the price but I'm also happy to admit it bc of the "bargain"... I got a legit Canada Goose jacket from Sierra Trading Post online for half price! I wasn't going to keep it bc even at half price it's ridiculously expensive... but I wore it a couple of times to take the dog out at night and I'm keeping it. It's really as warm as they say. (At least I think it's legit... the bag is came in says CG, had hangtags, has the shoulder carry straps, I researched it a lot before buying and I think it's real!)
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast