Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Anyone bought anything fun recently?

We bought a new car today. We were told the catalytic converter in my car may not get repaired for a few more months. We were going to replace my car next year, but decided to do it now rather than rent a car for months (used up all the rental time on our car insurance policy). So we get back from dealer today happy with new car, and 30 mins later I get notification from email I signed up for that the part is in stock with manufacturer! then DH tells me we’re going ahead with plan to fix and then sell my old car. The email doesn’t mean the part will actually ship - we’ve tried 2 other times to buy the part and it gets cancelled in 1-2 days of email. My car is 14.5 years old (I thought it was 13) and something else will go wrong with it, so we’re not changing plans with the new car. We got a good deal with MSRP, no extra add ins like nitrox air in the tires, and no markup. We called around and everything was $3-7k over MSRP, so getting MSRP is a steal. A friend at work told me her brother paid $12K over!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 02-06-2022 at 02:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We bought a new car today. We were told the catalytic converter in my car may not get repaired for a few more months. We were going to replace my car next year, but decided to do it now rather than rent a car for months (used up all the rental time on our car insurance policy). So we get back from dealer today happy with new car, and 30 mins later I get notification from email I signed up for that the part is in stock with manufacturer! then DH tells me we’re going ahead with plan to fix and then sell my old car. The email doesn’t mean the part will actually ship - we’ve tried 2 other times to buy the part and it gets cancelled in 1-2 days of email. My car is 14.5 years old (I thought it was 13) and something else will go wrong with it, so we’re not changing plans with the new car. We got a good deal with MSRP, no extra add ins like nitrox air in the tires, and no markup. We called around and everything was $3-7k over MSRP, so getting MSRP is a steal. A friend a work told me her brother paid $12K over!!!!

We bought a new car and then a day later learned the old one would be fine with minimal repairs. Good news is that we were able to sell the old car without even trying for a great price (coworker approached DH and wanted the car without even looking at it). DD cried because she preferred the 15 year old Subaru to the new Mazda. We got our new car for MSRP also.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    We bought a new car and then a day later learned the old one would be fine with minimal repairs. Good news is that we were able to sell the old car without even trying for a great price (coworker approached DH and wanted the car without even looking at it). DD cried because she preferred the 15 year old Subaru to the new Mazda. We got our new car for MSRP also.
    I couldn’t believe the timing. We’ve tried to get the part for the last 2 months! We all like the new car, and I was going to replace my car soon. DH still thinks the part order will be cancelled, as that’s already happened 2 times.

Last edited by niccig; 02-06-2022 at 03:50 PM.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AngB View Post
    Does anyone have a newish toaster oven (air fryer combo?) they love? I have been eyeing the Ninja one but see the mixed reviews. I'm over our 15+ yo black and decker one. That's a "fun" thing I need. Also eyeing the water bottle holders!
    We got our toaster oven with air fryer at Costco. It's a Cuisinart and I love it!

Jealous for those of you who were able to get new cars. We ordered a new one 2 or 3 months ago and no word yet on when it will be here. We knew it would take awhile, so I'm not really expecting it yet, just looking forward to it.

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    Olive & June nail polish /manicure set. Love it. The nailpolish actually lasts a long time.

I bought the winter set with various colors. Shipping took forever (supply chain delays, COVID) but it was worth it.

I got the primer too. With that and top coat, it literally does last at least a week!!! It's amazing.

Before this, I hadn't done my nails in AGES. i always loved the way painted nails look, but hated how two days in it would start chipping and in 3-4 days some nails would look awful and i would have to remove it. This literally lasts a solid week so i only have to paint/remove on weekends. I'm damn near amazed. i felt like i had tried every polish under the sun and it would never last nearly as long.

Also, the nail polish remover tub actually removes the polish pretty fast...waayyyy faster than dipping cottonballs. i'm thoroughly impressed with this.
    I am intrigued. I've gotten Essie Gel Couture to last for up to 5 days, but that's the longest I've ever had a polish last. Normally it's 3 or less. I have super thin, bendy nails, worse in the winter due to decreased circulation from Reynauds.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    We got our toaster oven with air fryer at Costco. It's a Cuisinart and I love it!

Jealous for those of you who were able to get new cars. We ordered a new one 2 or 3 months ago and no word yet on when it will be here. We knew it would take awhile, so I'm not really expecting it yet, just looking forward to it.
    We only got a car because took what was available. The dealership sold the car we were looking at and they found a similar one (a trim level below what looking at) 2 hours away and was able to get it for us. This is our 3rd car with them and they service the cars, so we have an established relationship. They knew they had our business if they could get a car.

Last edited by niccig; 02-06-2022 at 08:39 PM.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    We only got a car because took what was available. The dealership sold the car we were looking at and they found a similar one (a trim level below what looking at) 2 hours away and was able to get it for us. This is our 3rd car with them and they service the cars, so we have an established relationship. They knew they had our business if they could get a car.

Cool! What did you end up getting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post

DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Quote Originally Posted by ♥ms.pacman♥ View Post
    hmm, i wonder if the O&J primer or topcoat in my case made the difference? this is what i did

O&J nail polish remover --> primer --> 2 coats of polish --> topcoat.

The stuff did.not.chip and still looked great when i removed it 7 days later. i almost felt bad removing it. in my 43 years i had never seen anything like it, as like you nail polish would last only a couple days on before it major chipped and just looked bad. It could have been the primer or the O&J topcoat that helped make the difference?
    I just got 5 days out of Essie Couture, but my nails are cut very short. Maybe that's the difference between 5 days and previous times where I got only 3 days? IDK. I just bought Olive and June primer (which is really just nail polish remover in a polish bottle), polish, and a topcoat. I'll report back on how long it lasts. I just put it on today.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7