Any money left over from raising kids, helping with their education, and then retiring, if we end up with any LOL- who are you leaving it to and how? We are working on our will because ours is woefully old and out of date. We will undoubtedly be leaving money to our kids and we are trying to figure this all out. I figure you smart bbb parents would have some ideas.

Dh has done well enough with his business ventures that our kids will inherit quite a bit of money. What’s the best way to structure some money going to them and their kids? We plan to leave it in a trust, which will manage the dispersement when we die, so that the kids have the potential for gifts for cars, house down payments, our grandkids’ educations, etc. I don’t really know anyone who has a trust fund so I don’t know what is successful way to do this or of any stories of miserable disasters either. We are working with our lawyer and an advisor but I’d like to hear your ideas.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? How do you plan to leave your “leftover money” to your kids when you go?