doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default If you're going to offer to carpool, dont leave my kid behind!

I just need to vent somewhere. dd2 has a friend who lives in the neighborhood. I'm friendly with the mom. We are part of a carpool in the am. The girls often do activities together. A few months ago, they were supposed to bring dd2 home and then at the very last minute, something came up and they couldnt so dd walked home alone at 5:30. Fine, I hadnt communicated directly with the mom - misunderstanding and all that.

This week, they were in a musical together. Mom texted to ask me if we were going. I offered to drop N off. She offered to bring dd home. Perfect. at 10:10 pm, I get a panicked call from dd - "Can you come get me? They left without me and they're already home " Few minutes later, I get a txt from the other mom - 'So sorry for the mixup dont know what happened. ' Really? Then 'I think N forgot the plan and left with her dad.' And the dad forgot too? And didnt immediately go back?

I like these people really I do. But clearly my kid's safety isnt a priority!
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Default If you're going to offer to carpool, dont leave my kid behind!

Omg, that’s awful. Totally not okay.

FWIw, DD’s best friend was left behind by her dad at swim practice. Brother jumped into the car and dad drove away but sister was still in the locker room. She called her mom frantically screaming “I see them on the life 360 app driving down the highway away from me!!!!”
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no!! I have given rides to friends kids occasionally and I am ALWAYS afraid I will forget since it’s not my usual. I set alarms on my phone, notes on my speedometer and tell my kids to remind me so we don’t forget. I cannot even begin to understand how this happened twice. Yikes!

Not cool and being late at night makes it even worse. I had a neighbor forget to pick up a kid for practice one time. Fortunately, he was at home and she came back to get him since he wouldn't have a ride otherwise. Still feels cruddy when someone forgets your kid. I'd be leery of carpooling with this family in the future and send reminders if I did.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl