Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans, St. Louis or?

DH just proposed going to Atlanta, Nashville, New Orleans OR St. Louis for two 1/2 days as part of our spring break trip. Anyone have a favorite to recommend? He hasn’t been to any of these cities. I have but it’s been so long (20 years!) they’ll feel new.

DD gets a two week spring break, which gives us a much needed chance to check out colleges. Any of these cities would be five to three hours from the colleges we’re seeing at the beginning or ending of the trip. My sweet DD keeps changing her mind on what she wants in a college- wish us luck that this trip helps!! Not a single one stands out to her so far.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’d pick New Orleans.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

New Orleans would also be my first choice. Nashville has grown a ton in the last 20 years and would be my second choice.

Nashville and New Orleans would be our choices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't know the ages of your DC but I would probably pick Nashville or St. Louis. Atlanta would be my 3rd choice. NOLA 4th.
    K

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I don't think you can go wrong with any of them - there will be good BBQ wherever you end up :-)

Of the four, I don't feel like I know Atlanta as well, because although we've been there a couple times, there's just so much to the city. I don't know if that's a plus or a minus.
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

I'm the odd one who doesn't like New Orleans at all. I would do either St. Louis or Nashville.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We've spent time in all. New Orleans would be my top pick. I absolutely think it's a great destination with kids. St. Louis is a great city, but won't be terribly warm in April. I haven't loved Nashville, but keep on trying. We spent a week in Atlanta and enjoyed it a lot.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    We've spent time in all. New Orleans would be my top pick. I absolutely think it's a great destination with kids. St. Louis is a great city, but won't be terribly warm in April. I haven't loved Nashville, but keep on trying. We spent a week in Atlanta and enjoyed it a lot.
    Do you have specific recommendations for New Orleans? Thinking of visiting this summer with a 12 yo and 14 yo. TÍA

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Do you have specific recommendations for New Orleans? Thinking of visiting this summer with a 12 yo and 14 yo. TÍA
    Only been on adults only trip but we liked and took 2 Free Tours by Foot. One of the Garden District and cemetery and another one of a different cemetery. Certainly try lots of beignets!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast