Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    My last post was really long (sorry!). Just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a university with a strong premed/predental program that also has a ballet program? I've been looking and asking around and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. DD loves ballet and would like to continue but doesn't want to dance professionally. She loves the atmosphere and the camaraderie of the ballet groups but wants to go to dental school eventually. Her grades are very strong and always have been. I predict she will graduate HS with straight A's. That and her strong extra curriculars should keep some doors open to her.

Any university suggestions? Bonus points if the school is more conservative.
    Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    My last post was really long (sorry!). Just wanted to ask if anyone can recommend a university with a strong premed/predental program that also has a ballet program? I've been looking and asking around and it's like finding a needle in a haystack. DD loves ballet and would like to continue but doesn't want to dance professionally. She loves the atmosphere and the camaraderie of the ballet groups but wants to go to dental school eventually. Her grades are very strong and always have been. I predict she will graduate HS with straight A's. That and her strong extra curriculars should keep some doors open to her.

Any university suggestions? Bonus points if the school is more conservative.
    Maybe a school with a strong STEM program and an active dance company?

Loyola University in Maryland's Dance Company looks interesting for someone not majoring in dance https://loyolamarylanddancecompany.site123.me/ and they have strong STEM programs.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by billysmommy View Post
    Dh and I are both Springfield College grads. It’s a small (<2500 undergrad) Northeast school very well known for healthcare majors and physical education and is where James Naismith invented basketball
    I went for PT and DH was a rehab major who went on to New York Chiropractic College (NYCC) in upstate NY.
    DS1 is at Springfield now for Sports biology major/Nutrition minor and is running xc and track.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I thought Naismith invented basketball at University of Kansas. Incidentally, ds1 will be looking at Kansas.

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    I thought Naismith invented basketball at University of Kansas. Incidentally, ds1 will be looking at Kansas.

He founded the University of Kansas basketball program in 1898 but invented the game while at Springfield in 1891. We got asked that a lot while giving tours

My Mom is a KU grad. She loved it there!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mommy to my 2 sandy boys

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**If you live in the New England area and want to join the local Yahoo group for BBBers, please PM me for more info!**

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    My DD loves DU. She really didn't want to stay in state, but she got a special full ride scholarship that required she do undergrad in state, so she chose DU. It's a great campus - fun that it's self-contained, but urban and super close to outdoor activities.

Editing to Add: Saw that there were some references to learning issues. My DD doesn't have need for those services, but has several friends who do and they say great things.

The general vibe of the student body leans a little wealthy, but there's some decent diversity and some really cool, unique programs
    Thank you!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6