Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I went to Claremont McKenna College for undergrad and Kellogg (Northwestern) for grad school. My late DH went to Harvey Mudd and Caltech. My DD is at University of Denver (mid-sized private), but got into a number of other schools that could be of interest (Tulane, Bryn Mawr, CMC, Conn College, American, etc.). I have pretty extensive background in other small liberal arts colleges and would be happy to chat with anyone interested in any of these schools
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

I went to Hopkins and am still in Baltimore so can answer questions about most of the schools in the area.

cuca_ is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jenmcadams View Post
    I went to Claremont McKenna College for undergrad and Kellogg (Northwestern) for grad school. My late DH went to Harvey Mudd and Caltech. My DD is at University of Denver (mid-sized private), but got into a number of other schools that could be of interest (Tulane, Bryn Mawr, CMC, Conn College, American, etc.). I have pretty extensive background in other small liberal arts colleges and would be happy to chat with anyone interested in any of these schools
    How does your daughter like DU? This is one of the schools my DD is considering for next year.

I went to Haverford College in PA for my BA and GEorge Washington University for my JD.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Both my kids chose liberal arts colleges, so that’s something we have firsthand experience with.

ETA: I realize this is a bit vague lol but they are so small that I don’t feel comfortable posting the names here on a public board. However, they are both in consortiums (Claremont and quaker). I also did a lot of research into USC (honors specifically), UCs, and other SLACs, including Reed, as they were deciding. Feel free to PM me if this might be helpful.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 03-11-2022 at 02:44 PM.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Dh and I went to USC for undergrad, DH went to UVA for law school. DS1 is at Whitman College right now (small liberal arts college in WA). We toured most liberal arts colleges in and around Los Angeles, OR, and WA if anyone is interested in those areas (plus the larger schools around here-- USC, UCLA, and UCSB).

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cuca_ View Post
    How does your daughter like DU? This is one of the schools my DD is considering for next year.
    Same boat, except my son. It’s one of his top choices too. The $10 shuttle bus to different ski resorts on Sundays might have tipped him over the edge LOL.

My brother went there but that was forever ago and he was on the hockey team, so his experience was not the norm I imagine.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I went to Emerson and studied Film/Mass Communications. From what I gather the school has changed a lot though, so not sure my info is all that relevant. So many fellow Emersonians live in my LA suburb/neighborhood and work in Hollywood - such a small world that got transported across the country!

I hire animation artists, so am vey familiar with CalArts, Art Center and some other art schools with animation/illustration programs. More specifically, I know a bit about getting jobs after finishing with an art degree!

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Same boat, except my son. It’s one of his top choices too. The $10 shuttle bus to different ski resorts on Sundays might have tipped him over the edge LOL.

My brother went there but that was forever ago and he was on the hockey team, so his experience was not the norm I imagine.
    That’s funny. It seems to be very popular around here. I believe you are in STL too, right? My DD has learning disabilities and they have a great program.

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by cuca_ View Post
    That’s funny. It seems to be very popular around here. I believe you are in STL too, right? My DD has learning disabilities and they have a great program.
    Ha! Yes, that’s right, same area. Colorado Boulder is very popular too. We ran into another local family while we were touring there.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast