Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I love dress shopping! If you want to rock the MOB style, rock on! There are some cute ones.
    But, if you have anymore thoughts on maybe ones above that we’re definitely going the wrong direction vs ones that were close, let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I love dress shopping! If you want to rock the MOB style, rock on! There are some cute ones.
    But, if you have anymore thoughts on maybe ones above that we’re definitely going the wrong direction vs ones that were close, let me know.

I'm looking for a little bit longer. Below the knee is fine--doesn't have to be floor length though I'm not opposed to that either! I'm realizing that the top is going to be really hard to find. Must have an actual sleeve (can't be lace or illusion fabric), must have a back, and can't be too low!

Some of the jcpenney links looked like they might work! I'm looking into it, but prefer other patterns.

FWIW, I bought this dress yesterday and DH said it looked amazing, though did make me look busty. Even in this dress I'm going to have to buy a camisole to wear underneath because the armpits are cut too low. It is tricky. I actually really liked the color of this dress but I think overall the style is too casual. But I really don't know!

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content

I kind of love this dress but the top may not work. I like the length and shape of it:

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/dress-th...arty&color=001

Price is just outside of what I could pay and if it was amazing I could be talked into it I think...

Love this one except of course the top!

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/dress-th...arty&color=312

This is like my dream but totally out of my price range and I don't know if I'm slim enough to pull it off. It is just PRETTY!

https://www.nordstrom.com/s/pisarro-...=0&color=BLUSH

I'm going to keep looking!

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wore this to my niece's wedding. The lace is soft and there are many colors to choose from.
    https://www.amazon.com/MEROKEETY-Wom...s%2C131&sr=8-1

The Corey Chiffon Fit & Flare Cocktail Dress was my top pick but I didn’t share it because of the price
    The Old Navy dress is really casual. But maybe the wedding is?
    Sleeves are definitely a challenge. Are there stores that specialize in LDS attire? I’m thinking of the Indian stores around me where one would go to buy a great Sari.

Ooh, how about this? It covers the knee if you get a tall, I bet https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...56,44967,49810

this too https://www.landsend.com/products/wo...56,44967,46365

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    The Corey Chiffon Fit & Flare Cocktail Dress was my top pick but I didn’t share it because of the price
    The Old Navy dress is really casual. But maybe the wedding is?
    Sleeves are definitely a challenge. Are there stores that specialize in LDS attire? I’m thinking of the Indian stores around me where one would go to buy a great Sari.

It is on the expensive side! It is so close though...I'm kind of tempted but I'm also not certain that it will work on the top. Glad you liked it too!

I think there are some sites that cater to LDS women. I just don't shop enough. I'll ask my SILs where they get stuff.

1st link didn't work but the other two links are super cute! I think I'll try them. We have a Prime Fulfillment Center in my city now and we get orders super quick and returns are easy.

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    1st link didn't work but the other two links are super cute! I think I'll try them. We have a Prime Fulfillment Center in my city now and we get orders super quick and returns are easy.

I just got my first dresses in! I ordered all Mediums.

The dress in the second link is SO perfect for me. It is like wearing pajamas, lol, but it is comfortable, fits super cute and if it is appropriate for a wedding then I'm set. I also got a similar dress in navy that I think will also work for a wedding! It is not a very "notice me" dress (the one in navy) but it will be incredibly serviceable for family weddings going forward and for wearing to church frequently. I do need to wear a camisole underneath as the V neck is just a tad too low but that was pretty easy to add.

The third link dress came and I think with a few tweaks it would be THE PERFECT silhouette for weddings. The top and sleeves are appropriate and flattering. My issue is that the waist is like an inch too short to be really cute? Like it is fine enough but just short of amazing looking, if that makes sense. I'm wondering if ordering up a size might make it fit better? Or maybe it will overwhelm me. It isn't a very well made dress TBH and I can actually see this as a case where individual garments might fit differently! I might ordering a few sizes/colors because it has a lot of potential. I wouldn't mind finding this dress in a little higher end model if anyone can find it!

Anyway, thank you so much snugglebuggles for sticking with me and for sending over some great finds. I hope this might help out someone else!

Awesome! Yeah, I’ve found Amazon sizing super inconsistent so you never know! Sometimes you can even find the same dress under a different brand name…you can really fall down an Amazon dress rabbit hole by following “people who liked this also liked these” pages.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast