Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Zelensky Speech to US Congress

I have no words- so heartbreaking. Praying for the people of Ukraine. If you haven't watched the speech, caution about the video. It's very graphic and unbelievably sad.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven’t watched yet but last night I had a long talk with our school custodian, who is from the Ukraine and has 8 family members there. His brother is running transport in Kviv getting families into Poland. The rest are in Poland now and trying to get to the US. I did care about the situation but now I have specific people to think about. Every day I will hope Yuri’s brother stays safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I thought the address was closed to the public and Congress only. I can’t even imagine the horrors Ukraine is facing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

It was televised live on CNN. They probably wouldn't have shown the video had they seen the content in advance. Zelensky's speech is well worth watching, even if you can't do the video. He is quite a speaker. It's all so horrific, I don't know how he keeps his composure.
    Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    I thought the address was closed to the public and Congress only. I can’t even imagine the horrors Ukraine is facing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I've been meaning to post this for over a week but kept forgetting. A good local friend of mine is Polish and her parents still live in Poland. Poland was experiencing shortages because of COVID long before the Ukrainian conflict started. Now Poland has welcomed Ukrainian refugees to stay with them. My friend's parents are having 2 Ukrainian families move in with them. Well, its just the women and children. The men age 16 yo and up are required to stay and fight. My friend said her parents are reporting even worse shortages and asked if we could start sending things over. We started shipping diapers, pajamas, underwear and sanitary products over to Poland, via her dad to help ease the situation in their town. But my friend said to get the word out to support the Red Cross which has been actively helping with supplies in Poland. Maybe I'll post a separate post about it.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.