Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I think it’s a good idea and we have been keeping a few hundred at home in the last few years. We also opened a savings account at a second bank just to have a little more security. If there is an issue with one then the other one will hopefully be accessible.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

We keep cash wrapped in ziploc bags, in the event of a big earthquake. Also, many times we will withdraw emergency cash for a vacation but end up not using it, so that’s our ATM until we run out We have a fire safe box.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

I still pay allowance to my youngest in small bills monthly. When I was paying multiple children monthly and not using cash like I used to, it became too much to assume I'd have small bills available at the first of each month, so I started an envelope stash of small bills I keep well stocked with 50 to 200 just in my desk drawer.

I started keeping money I receive as gifts in cash just so it didn't get spent on the expenses of living. I keep this in the firesafe box our other important documents are in. So it builds up and then I splurge on an item and it cycles back. Over the last 15 years it has been between 200 and 1,000. I have had it come in handy for a couple of unexpected cash moments through the years where I've borrowed from myself.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2