Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default air purifier for Covid

I saw a thread from 2020 but thought there might be new options now. my friend is a speech therapist and works with kids in the school, and as of this week they are no longer required to wear a mask so she is thinking of ways to protect herself better. She wants a really good air purifier for her office. Any recommendations?
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    I saw a thread from 2020 but thought there might be new options now. my friend is a speech therapist and works with kids in the school, and as of this week they are no longer required to wear a mask so she is thinking of ways to protect herself better. She wants a really good air purifier for her office. Any recommendations?
    We have an Air Doctor. It is supposed to be one of the best.

chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

double post

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

We have several "Blueair" purifiers, a couple of the larger 211+ as well as the smaller 311 Auto. We have had Covid in the house 2x and both times didn't spread it to other families members so maybe they were helpful?

We run them 24/7 these days. I think they have been helpful with allergens too.

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Try Wirecutter. They just updated their recommendations.

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We bought a Medify MA-112 for DH's classroom, and for the education /meeting room in our office. We have been very pleased. Anecdotally, we have both been exposed countless times in those rooms and have not contracted COVID. Personally, I was in the room for 4 hours with someone who tested positive on a rapid the next day (Delta, I was 6+ months post-vax) and was very surprised to be negative.

We bought them after extensive research (med and engineering research). Just our experience, but I am very glad that we went that route.

We do have smaller ones in personal offices at my office. We move them around to offices when someone is not feeling well or has been exposed.