LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Alternatives to Dress Barn?

I'm in Northern NJ and we used to have a chain of women's clothing stores: Dress Barn.
    They closed their B&M stores and do have an online store but it's NOT the same as what the B&M was (at least I don't think so).

Anyway...anyone familiar w/ Dress Barn..what's a good alternative? I just loved everything I bought there - the PERFECT pair of denim capris, the PERFECT pair of jeans, dresses etc....misses or womens' sizes...I always found something I loved. Oh.....and I had a bilateral mastectomy so have expanders for now and won't be doing reconstruction until Fall 22 at the soonest.

I've gained 25 lbs in the last 9 months due to cancer diagnosis, chemo, steroids, etc. I'm in desperate need of a kick a&& pair of stretch (ie: comfy) denim capri's that I can Dress up (ladies night out, date night) or down. a summery dress or two that'll hide the chemo belly (that is a REAL thing....I swear I look 9 months prego). Was a size 14-16 before....I'm guessing 18W now. My Dress barn capris are 14W and fit....if I can lose just 5-8 lbs, that would fit that might better (and 25 lbs they'd fit amazing).

I WFH....so living in leggings and hoodies (had to go up to 2XL there...for comfort...that darn chemo belly!).

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Maybe try a subscription box from Dia & Co? I haven't bought anything myself, but the styles look pretty versatile and they have a wide variety of options.

I can't help with capris specifically (I wear either shorts or long pants because of the way capris hit my knees/calf) but I did see a few cute options in Torrid's spring line that may fit the bill for you.

In a pinch, if you have Amazon Prime, you can use Try Before You Buy and just order a bunch to see what works for you - I ended up doing that with jeans (I hate jeans shopping) and it was pretty painless.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I miss Dress Barn also. There is a Lands End near you, but I like the one in Bridgewater. It’s has a larger selection and carries larger sizes. You may have luck at Chicos also.