Thread: Santa Fe

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Santa Fe

My mom, sister, and I are going here in June. We have rented an Air BnB for four nights, and already have a rental car booked. Any recommendations for food, and where to eat? We will probably eat breakfast at the Air BNB.

We are flying in and out of Albuquerque and our flight arrives at 6 pm so we will need a dinner option before driving to Santa Fe. We plan to visit the Petroglyphs before going to the airport (our flight leaves at 5 pm). Other than that we will be in Santa Fe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Santa Fe

Bumping….anyone have any suggestions?

We have Georgia O’Keefe’s house tour booked, and the Georgia O’Keefe Santa Fe art museum tickets booked but that is it so far.

A friend sent me her itinerary from a trip last summer but there was a lot of hiking and they had more than a week l so they had a trip out to Taos and Los Alamos, etc. . Since we only have 3 full days I don’t think we want to drive all the way out to Taos. There seem to be a lot of art museums and botanical gardens.

Also places to eat….my mom and sister aren’t big on cilantro (like even the tiniest bit as a garnish) and they also don’t like spicy food (I can tolerate it because I like the flavor but can’t handle really spicy either).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

No spicy food? New Mexicans looove spicy food--DH is from ABQ. But the cuisine is much more Spanish than Mexican so you can probably find good food and they are used to tourists who don't like spice. Hop on the Fodors site to look up good restaurants or get on the Forum to ask about restaurant recommendations--or search Santa Fe and I bet you will see some good threats on restaurants there.

The Georgia OKeefe museum is awesome and Meow Wolfe is amazing!!! Tour the central plaza and all the historic buildings there.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."