bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Real Quick Yellowstone Reservation Question!

I have a choice of a cabin with no AC (900 sq feet) or 2 rooms at the same hotel WITH AC. The cabin is obviously larger and nicer BUT it is $100 more a night. Would you pick the cabin without AC or the 2 rooms? I currently have the cabin reserved and I'm wondering if we'll be miserable! Our reservations are for the middle of June in Gardiner, MT.

TIA!

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I have a choice of a cabin with no AC (900 sq feet) or 2 rooms at the same hotel WITH AC. The cabin is obviously larger and nicer BUT it is $100 more a night. Would you pick the cabin without AC or the 2 rooms? I currently have the cabin reserved and I'm wondering if we'll be miserable! Our reservations are for the middle of June in Gardiner, MT.

TIA!
    Cabin all the way. You don't need AC in Yellowstone and certainly not in June!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

In June in Gardiner, I don't think I would factor the A/C into the decision. It will likely be very cool at night, right?
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I wouldn’t worry about AC either. Decide on size and price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks guys! That's very reassuring! Because we had the cabin already so I don't need to do anything. It looks very nice but the no AC thing worried me! We're super spoiled because we're on the coast here in CA but also because we have a very powerful window AC unit that costs very little to BLAST arctic air so we can afford to sleep very cool all year long. I like the idea that we'll have a really roomy place for a few days in Gardiner.

Montana resident here definitely no need for A/C in June! Montana summer nights are lovely and cool. Once the sun starts going down (which will be very late in June!) open the windows to cool the cabin off if you need - but you likely won't. June is very temperate.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Are you driving to and from that one location for your whole visit? We really appreciated being able to drive to another spot for each night since the park is a so spread out. You basically spend your days in your vehicle.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Real Quick Yellowstone Reservation Question!

June can have a wide range of temps; there can still be snow in some parts of Wyoming, but temps can reach 80+ as well. Temps can be cold in the AM (like 30 degrees) but warm up to 90 in the daytime (we stay with my ILs who are an hour south of Jackson and usually visit Grand Tetons and the area around Old Faithful). It does get warm and AC might be appreciated, but it probably wouldn’t be a deal breaker for me. I would plan on layers even at night. We have been in early July twice and mid August once.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 04-14-2022 at 02:14 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Thank you all! We're staying in West Yellowstone for two nights, Gardiner for two nights and The Grand Tetons for a night.