Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bummed!

Default bummed!

We were supposed to travel tomorrow back east to see my family. This is the reschedule of the trip we canceled before Xmas when omnicron was starting to explode. My mom just called - they tested positive this morning! They managed to not get covid until now and then ....this is is the week. I deliberated trying to keep the trip and just stay in a hotel but ended up canceling, it's so hard to predict when they won't be infectious anymore (even if we went with the CDC it's next wednesday, most of our trip....) It also just sounds like they are exhausted and need to rest (they were coming off some stressful stuff this month) and I can't imagine knowing we're in town waiting to see them will help them relax. I know the big picture it's not the end of the world, we'll figure out some summer visits but we were all really looking forward to this.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Ugh, I’m sorry. That’s so disappointing. At least she tested positive before you flew out. Over Christmas my dad tested positive right after we arrived, so it was thousands down the drain plus a Covid exposure.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry.
    We were heading to see ds1 at school and he tested +…and dh also tested positive. I’m so glad we had decided to wait on booking a hotel.
    Stupid Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear that! Of all weeks! It sounds like cancelling was the right call. DS2 and I are on the verge of traveling next week. I'm really nervous that we'll pick something up at church on Sunday. I LOVE Easter Sunday but I'm super nervous about not being able to travel. We're going to stay with my sister and she has a surgical procedure later this month so in addition to all the other reasons why we wouldn't want to bring her some germs, I'm super nervous about that. I keep thinking through what it would mean if we had to postpone the trip AGAIN. It would just really bum me out. All this to say, I can absolutely imagine how you are feeling right now and I'm so sorry!

Oh, I'd be really bummed too! It's so hard when we've been waiting for a "safer" time to travel and it doesn't pan out. It just really stinks. I hope your family feels better quickly and you get to visit them sooner rather than later.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so sorry!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

oh no, i am so sorry. that really stinks. this is my biggest fear right before we have to travel. so sorry.

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Feels like every type of travel is tentative these days! Hope they're mild and you can plan to see them soon.

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry, that sucks! Seems like everyone who managed to escape Covid so far is getting it this week! So many posts about people having to cancel trips, etc. DS1 just texted that they are having a Covid outbreak at his school right now and they are back to masks indoors starting today.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Oh that's so disappointing Wishing your parents a speedy recovery. Hope you can find something fun to do with the family in the meantime, to help take the sting out the missed vacation.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast