SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Rome tours to book

Especially looking for guides for the Forum and Colosseum but open to any other guided experiences you might have done. We aren't interested in segways or scooters. Thanks for any recommendations!

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Private tour of the Vatican. Private tour of the coliseum in that order. We used trip advisor
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I'm not sure why you would want to book a tour - it's all pretty easy to book and do on your own, even Pompeii! Yes, a tour guide is nice but it is such an easy city to navigate and sightsee independently.

for Sandy Hook

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    I'm not sure why you would want to book a tour - it's all pretty easy to book and do on your own, even Pompeii! Yes, a tour guide is nice but it is such an easy city to navigate and sightsee independently.
    I meant tours at specific places like the Colosseum… there are a million choices and everything I have read says the experience is better with a guide. Maybe some have had success on a self guided tour but my people do better with something more organized.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

A few years ago, we booked a tour with Rome Tours With Kids based on a recommendation I received here. At the time, my kids were 12 and 9, so younger than yours, but our guide was great. She was energetic and patient and explained things well for my kids. We did the Colosseum Tour, which includes both the Colosseum and the Forum.

HTH!
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009