mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default American Idol- anyone watching???

I don't normally watch, but a young lady from our small town is on this year (Leah Marlene). I have known her from her days when she played hockey with DD, her dad was in the Canadian 80s band Honeymoon Suite (and I was a fan back then). So many of these singers are so talented. Music isn't something I follow closely, but there is something about watching that has been a great break from all the world turmoil etc. We had her perform at a few of our fundraisers and even as a 15 year old she was very talented. I'm always in awe of anyone who can sing, I can barely hold a tune.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’ve been meaning to start watching again for a similar reason. A girl that went to our local schools and sang in choir is in the top 20 - Sage. I need to check it out!

We are watching and Leah is my DD’s favorite.

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I am watching but I usually watch it recorded so I don’t usually get a chance to vote. I fast forward the performances I’m not interested in. I agree with the judges that there are so many good singers this season. I will try to watch tonight so I can vote!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven’t watched since Keith Urban stopped being a judge (love him!!!). I’ve watched parts of it this season. Huntergirl is my favorite. I love country music, and she is my kind of country music.

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That's so cool that you know Leah! We love her voice and personality. She did great last night!

The whole town is pretty existed, the school board is making a lot of Facebook posts and encouraging everyone to vote and the local paper is also getting behind her. She is very genuine and just so talented. I'm hoping she wins, it's been awhile since someone more unique has won (seems like country artists or males win a lot).

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Our town is so excited that Leah made it to the final 3!!! The school district has been really behind her and a friend who's daughter is in band said the band will be a part of her performance, a local shop has Leah popcorn and lots of signs of support all over town. I remember her when she played travel hockey and then when she began singing locally. She's got a unique style, the country singers and "cute" boys often win, but we're hoping she wins it all!

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

How exciting! I'm really happy for her. I doubt she will win but she really wanted that visit home.

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I love the town all excited for her! So great