Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    ♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default too much in one day.

today in summary

1 my 12 yo DS was in the most rotten mood this morning, it's like he hates me. i wanted to drive him to school to have more time with him (i know he prefers it) but couldn't bc i had to get things done for this presentation for work i was giving today
    2. exhausted as heck bc i stayed up till 11pm last night finishing up this presentation, as i had no time during the day to do it. went well but now it's just on to the next thing
    3. the role i just interviewed for, the one i spent most of Easter weekend to prepare for (while DH & kids went out of town)... found out today it's not going forward. I thought it went decently well, had a referral from friend who works there but still not enough.
    4. to get my mind off things, i went out to lunch with DH today, and in pulling out I scraped side of my car and passenger side mirror so hard the mirror housing broke and fell off...not only is my car damaged but it will be $$ to repair.
    5. I had been planning/hoping we could spend an extra week this July in my hometown so i could spend some time with my parents and help my mom who has Parkinsons. Needed a place where DH & I could work and kids could play during the day, close enough to my parents house. But trying to book places today the cheapest place on airbnb we could find that would be big enough was $5000, for ONE WEEK. While I really want to be there for my mom in these times and i want her to spend time with my kiddos, knowing I will have the same job/income, I realized I cannot justify spending $5k for a week just to be working somewhere else! And no, I cannot take that time off either.
    6. argued with DH, who thinks i should still spend the $$ for the extra week to be with my family, but i know he is really worried about the cost.

sigh.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 04-21-2022 at 12:49 AM.