Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default I want an apology

I want an apology for everyone who thought I was being alarmist when I said in every major election since 2000 that Roe V Wade will be overturned.
    I want an apology when I said the last two Republican nominees were lying through their teeth when they said it was settled law and people said that was unfair with no basis.
    I want an apology when I said Alito was misogynistic and would not be happy until we were all under our husbands control and they said I was being unfair. Please note, he relied heavily on a jurist from the 17th c that sent killed two women for witchcraft and that marital rape could not exist.
    This is what they are aiming for. They are coming after Obergefell. They are coming after Griswold V Connecticut. They are coming after Loving V Virginia. I don’t want to hear how I’m crazy. I don’t want to here that I am being alarmist. This is their plan. This has always been their plan.
    And they are coming after my kid because that last is still taking shape, so it will be easy for them. My beautiful child. Some states already want me in jail while they drive him to suicide.
    This is want they want.
    My child dead.
    But I’m being an alarmist.

I actually typed this out for the political forum, but this isn’t about politics. This isn’t about people who look at things differently. This is about a movement that wants to turn back time and take things away and in the process destroy my family. This decision, make no mistake it will happen, will not carve out exemptions for the life of the mother, or rape, or incest. It will allow those things to be outlawed. It will make me a criminal for trying to save the life of a patient if that means providing care and support for terminating their pregnancy. This is what the architects of this decision has been working towards for decades. It will not stop with this.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I agree with you. And I’m sorry you have to worry about your child—that anyone has to worry about their loved ones, or themselves.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

NCGrandma is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks dogmom for spelling out the implications so clearly. I’ve been so stunned (although not surprised) by the "leak" of the draft opinion and the implications for my family and close friends that I haven’t been able to verbalize my reactions even to myself. Unlike most of you, I vividly remember the pre-Roe days, and what friends who became pregnant had to do (if they had money). And both my DGDs had to be adopted by their second parent, to protect their legal status (and even after their parents finally were able to legally marry, many of their friends still went ahead and did second parent adoptions in case marriages proved to be not enough legally). Ultimately, all our families are at risk.

Sent from my iPad using Baby Bargains

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thank you dogmom - hope that you can feel the hug from here.

I am 100% in agreement with what you wrote. I wish I had saved the meme I found last night talking about the people who called people like me 'alarmist' in 2016.

Serious question though - has anyone heard if 'moderate' Republicans are alarmed yet? I'm not even sure where to read to find that view as I'm not sure how much of it exists currently. Sigh.

Susan Collins is “concerned.”
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

My son came home and said--Did you hear they invented time travel? yeah, they found a Medieval Court in Washington DC. And we all know what this really means--women with money with still have choices. "Septic miscarriages" will once again be a diagnosis--that's what my father would write as the diagnosis for back alley abortions gone wrong that then resulted in women getting admitted to hospitals in near death states.

This is totally what was wanted since Reagan--the "Moral Majority", the whole thing. But this time there are different methods and activists who are well trained in how to teach women those methods. It will be different. I just wish it wasn't needed at all.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by StantonHyde View Post
    My son came home and said--Did you hear they invented time travel? yeah, they found a Medieval Court in Washington DC. And we all know what this really means--women with money with still have choices. "Septic miscarriages" will once again be a diagnosis--that's what my father would write as the diagnosis for back alley abortions gone wrong that then resulted in women getting admitted to hospitals in near death states.

This is totally what was wanted since Reagan--the "Moral Majority", the whole thing. But this time there are different methods and activists who are well trained in how to teach women those methods. It will be different. I just wish it wasn't needed at all.
    But now your neighbor can sue you for driving a woman across state lines or helping in any way to obtain an abortion if some of these laws go into effect. There are two on the books, a lot more to come between now and the official judgment.

It’s beyond horrible. I need to leave Iowa. Only blue states for college for my kids. I don’t want my daughter arrested for helping a friend access the health care she needs. I want my kids to be free to be themselves without fear.

So many hugs dogmom and to everyone.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

It is awful and I know many of us saw this coming.
    Last edited by JustMe; 05-03-2022 at 10:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    It’s beyond horrible. I need to leave Iowa. Only blue states for college for my kids. I don’t want my daughter arrested for helping a friend access the health care she needs. I want my kids to be free to be themselves without fear.

So many hugs dogmom and to everyone.
    Or stay in Iowa and work to change hearts and minds. We can’t afford to give small states even more power by reducing their population.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast