♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default crossbody bag/ purse for iPad?

So DH and kiddos totally just completely surprised me with an iPad Air + Apple Magic keyboard (and Apple pencil !! ) as an early Mother's Day gift. I am leaving for a conference late Sunday and they gave it to me early so i would have it all set for my trip I already love it to pieces and I think it will be useful for work travel and conferences, so i don't have to lug around my work laptop to conference meetings, can easily take notes, etc.

Does anybody have any recommendations for a crossbody bag or nice purse for carrying an iPad, that maybe great for travel, going to meetings, etc? And would be big enough to hold ipad air + the magic keyboard, and an iPhone, small wallet, AirPods, few other small items? This is for regular (smaller) iPad Air, not the Pro version so doesn't have to be super huge.

i've browsed the Tumi website but they don't have many options for crossbody bags that fit a tablet, and the ones I saw i wasn't a fan of. I'd like something somewhat fashionable and feminine (i love stylish bags). I know Kate Spade has cute bags, but couldnt find anything that looked like it woudl be good for a tablet. budget would be up to $200 ish.

any recommendations welcome! i have a weeklong conference coming up next week and i would love to find a cute bag.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

What about just using one of your LV Neverfull bags? It isn’t cross body but everything will fit, plus a sweater, a magazine, book, and a water bottle will fit and it fits easily under an airplane seat. I use my similar sized Dooney and Bourke bag for long trips where I need all of that stuff. When I don’t need the big bag for going out I just take a smaller crossbody or hobo bag (that I pack in my suitcase) that keeps the minimum stuff, but may not necessarily fit a large iPad (which I wouldn’t be taking out with me anyways).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

thank you Annie for the tip! i actually had thought of this too, and i had ordered a sleeve for the iPad from amazon for using with larger bags. it came right before my trip though I still didn't like it with the LV Neverfull or Totally or other similar bags(was awkward to carry even with the sleeve). however i tried my Michael Kors tote bag that had a padded zipped pocket built in (so no additional sleeve needed) and that worked perfectly. i took that on my trip and it was perfect!

SASM is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Of the current collection, MZ Wallace Med or Lg Sutton or maybe small Max? If you look on Posh, Mercari, or eBay, maybe a Jane or Soho.

If yours is a mini (which I do not believe) I’ll say Large Metro Crossbody. Great size for travel too.

Mom to:
    1 BLUE (03) and 2 PINK (05 & 07)
    ^i^ 10.01 & 12.03

Pardon my typos...blasted Auto-correct!!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

So glad you found a solution OP! As much as I love buying new stuff I get such gratification when I don’t have to buy something new and find what I already have works just fine.

Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)