erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Graduation present - boyfriend edition

My daughter’s boyfriend’s parents just gave DD a really thoughtful grad gift. She loves blankets and sweatshirts - so a sweatshirt blanket embroidered with her name in one corner and the school mascot in another. Nailed it.

Somehow it hadn’t occurred to me that we would be exchanging gifts and I need to get on it. He’s one of those incredibly low maintenance kids so nothing jumps out that he especially loves. I double checked - he has a hydro flask he really likes so a custom yeti is out. Found an AirPods case but seems kind of boring.

Suggestions? Guessing the blanket was $50 more or less so would like to be similar - but would be ok if less -but-thoughtful as we have treated him to some pretty big things over the last year. (Sporting events, trip to Florida with us.)

Counting on the BBB to come through again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd lean towards something like a nice sweatshirt or fleece jacket from his college/university, assuming he's going straight there. That seems kind of in-line with what his parents did for her.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Depending on where he's going and if he will be going to the games - those striped overalls for football games are quite popular at my daughter's college. A classic Champion sweatshirt. A couple t-shirts with both team colors - games will probably have "color A days" and "color B days".

Don't rule out the Yeti - just get something a coffee one or a can coozie one, etc.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I wonder if they gave the gift in appreciation for the “big things” you’ve done for him over the year. Maybe he isn’t expecting a big gift now because this was their way of making things even. Just a thought.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Thanks for the ideas. Friends here suggested similar to yours, or a laundry bag or duffel. Going to try asking DD her thoughts when she’s not quite as crabby as tonight (!) and then may just see what inspires me

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I think a sweatshirt/a couple of tshirts etc from the school he's going to would be great. Your DD will know his style and what he'd like, most school bookstores or even check Kohls if it's a major school (they have a lot of great items not in our bookstore).

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I like the college sweatshirt idea, but if he already has one I would maybe give a couple of gift cards to restaurants local to his college or a nice rain jacket.
    K

Thanks. Ended up finding a nice duffel with the school mascot and logo. Hopefully he likes it.

sariana is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Thanks. Ended up finding a nice duffel with the school mascot and logo. Hopefully he likes it.

That's great! I'm sure he will love it.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"