Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Healthcare workers - what's the level of Covid where you are?

Things are changing again... school's nearly done, summer vacations, ect... but where we are, they're talking about big increases in Covid numbers again! What are you seeing? How widespead and how serious?

I hate to think that we need to go back to heavy procautions again. For us personally, we're trying to decide if DS is going to in-person school or not next year, and our numbers are chaging again! Like so many people, I want to be done with Covid. But are we?

I don’t have official numbers, but anecdotally DS had it the week before last and a third of my daughter’s pre k class either had it or had a sibling with it. They actually went to distance learning for a few days and made all the kids get PCR tests before they could come back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Teacher in SoCal here and our numbers are going up. It’s been impacting our availability to staff every classroom, and we’ve had a couple of days of combining classes in the auditorium with a admin. Definitely not as bad as January! The good news is the cases among staff have all been mild.

o_mom is online now Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Numbers are on the rise here, but nowhere near the peak numbers from the last two waves (basing on hospitalizations, since testing numbers are no longer reliable). However, I heard a local private school just went virtual after 20% of staff and 10% of students were out with COVID this week.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Healthcare workers - what's the level of Covid where you are?

Numbers are going up again where we are. I get an email daily about both my kids being close contacts. Masks are optional so I think it will continue to spread until school lets out next month.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Medium per cdc and some schools went back to masks.
    Aside- do in person school. Plenty of our kids have been in person a long time and doing fine. Much better for my kiddo’s mental health to be back in person (and he wasn’t struggling at all; just clearly even happier being in school)

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We are pretty much at zero cases and have been for quite some time.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    We are pretty much at zero cases and have been for quite some time.
    Wow. Where are you?

We got a work email (healthcare) that they have seen a dramatic increase in cases lately but I don't think our state is really keeping track anymore but hospitalizations don't seem bad at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Aside- do in person school. Plenty of our kids have been in person a long time and doing fine. Much better for my kiddo’s mental health to be back in person (and he wasn’t struggling at all; just clearly even happier being in school)

Agreed. My kids got covid from school in November and I still don't regret sending them in person this past year or the year prior.
    The weird hepatitis/liver issues in kids is more concerning to me than covid at this point (does not seem covid related at this time from what I've read but hasn't been completely ruled out..)
    Last edited by AngB; 05-14-2022 at 04:49 PM.
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

bcafe is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by chlobo View Post
    Wow. Where are you?
    I'm sure most would characterize the area as a "fly-over"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast