Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Cases are up here, but still on the very low end of the pandemic overall. They were just so low that the increase seems like a lot by comparison. Definitely not in worry mode here (although most of us had a mild case of covid over the last year).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

dogmom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Are primary COVID hospitalized numbers are not too high, but certainly not at their highest, but there are a lot of patients that come in for A and test positive. Then there is the fact there are moser nurses out this past month that any other time since March 2020. Lots of people who never got it, but getting it now. Most aren’t so bad, some are really sick. A few get longer symptoms and haven’t been back. All vaccinated and booster.

Not a healthcare worker, buy the university where I work had a major outbreak 1.5 weeks ago. Classes suddenly went online and everything else was cancelled or postponed. Numbers have gone back down, but masks will be required at graduation (masks haven’t been required since the beginning of March)
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

DH siad that he had had no Covid patents for a few weeks, but now he is getting them again. I imagine spring break didn’t help much. Everyone wants to get out, travel, and DO things.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our cases have been climbing since mid April 25-ish. I’m sure it’s worse than the case numbers suggest because that doesn’t include home tests. Our hospitalizations are rising too (100 to 300 over the last couple weeks), but are nothing compared to January. I do feel like sitting ducks these days. I mask in shops and such but my teens go to school unmasked and are likely to bring it home at some point. We have a middle school band concert Tuesday. DH and I can mask, but DD can’t. Nobody around here is really changing their behavior anymore though and I’m in a blue state.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Well NY has been in the news for weeks now as the nation’s hot spot. Tons of Covid but hospitalizations have remained pretty low.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Our county is currently marked as, "low" by the CDC. However, I wonder if it is because it seems like literally, everyone in our area got it during the last surge.

We are still one of the last standing, still wearing masks. We live in trumpland, so people, where we are at don't care. We were at one point the worst county in our state, and even then they thought it was a conspiracy and didn't care. Covid is #5 in our county for deaths, and they still don't care.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Our numbers went from pretty much zero to quite a few two weeks ago. I know people again who have it or had it last week. Most only need to quarantine 5 days and are symptom free by the end of that period. Seems like a 2-3 day course of mild illness for the vaccinated folks we know who have this latest strain. The schools are reporting increased cases and I'm sure those numbers are lower than actual as it is now self report as they are no longer testing or requiring a negative test for return to school. No changes to mask policies or in person school here because of it - and here in IL we were masked almost the longest of any state in the country. I think our districts are now treating it as endemic. Vax rates are up in the high 90%s, most people are boosted and those who aren't are on their own at this point. I would NOT keep any of my kids home for Covid concerns at this point - they are all three vaccines in, healthy overall and need to be in school and with kids their age more than anything else at this point. For the unfortunate few that cannot vax or are at high risk, I imagine they are masking and taking precautions to avoid exposure.

chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Someone in my town forwarded me this twitter thread yesterday. I'm curious if people disagree with the potential side effects or if they consider the risk low enough to not factor in to their thinking?

https://twitter.com/debra_caplan/sta...kdszlDbJsSATnc

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

My nursing home hasn't really changed too much, all staff wear a surgical mask, we aren't too strict with residents as they are most all vaxxed (the unvaxxed have to sit at a table on their own during meals), but after 2 years of masks, it's time to let these folks live. They are now able to go to bingo, have social activities and eat in the dining room.

Our local Vax rate is only 62%, but no changes in masking at schools, am seeing a few kids missing prom due to covid and a few getting covid at prom, but serious illness isn't rising. Local hospitals seeing mostly unvaxxed folks and those with other serious illnesses.

At the high school a few kids still mask voluntarily, and I've seen a rise of folks wearing a mask at the grocery store.

I would not keep kids home from school unless their is a serious underlying condition and/or they can't be vaxxed.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast