Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Reality check - okay to fly

I'm scheduled to fly out in the morning for a work conference, paid for by the conference host. There is a lot of pressure to attend - for a variety of reasons.

I've been feeling "meh" for a few days and took my temp today. It's 99.3. COVID negative, no known exposures, consistent KN-95 usage, and my second booster about 2 weeks ago. I had a strong immune response (we have a gazillion antigen tests at work) before the booster, and almost didn't boost but am scheduled to ping pong back and forth across the country and the travel mask rules are now gone (I've consistently masked). I've avoided restaurants, haven't been anywhere where an exposure would go undetected (home, close friends, office only).

I have no other symptoms and suspect either a mild UTI (I've been lousy with hydration), mild dehydration (again, lousy hydration), or upcoming period (thank you, perimenopause wacky cycle schedule -who knows).

I think it is incredibly unlikely that I have COVID. My temp isn't even at actual fever level - just enough to make me feel "meh". I'd love to stay home, but it would be professionally unwise (the program is hosted by an angel funder for a community initiative). Chances are high that I'll get my period tomorrow and all will be fine (pre-period "meh" is my norm).

I think I need to suck it up, pack my bag, and get on the dang plane. I'd love some BBB wisdom though.

Can you bring antibiotics if you develop a UTI? It would be very unpleasant to try to get healthcare while away on a trip.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Can you bring antibiotics if you develop a UTI? It would be very unpleasant to try to get healthcare while away on a trip.
    . Good question. Looks like there is a pharmacy walkable from the venue. I could get them just as easily there as I could here tonight since I'd have to use telehealth either way.

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I would go. 100%

I also might take an extra set of comfy clothes in case you have to spend time in your hotel room with a UTI (waiting for meds to kick in) or other random illness kicks in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    I would go. 100%

I also might take an extra set of comfy clothes in case you have to spend time in your hotel room with a UTI (waiting for meds to kick in) or other random illness kicks in.

Totally agree

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

essnce629 is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Take another covid test in the morning and make sure you don't have a higher fever.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    Take another covid test in the morning and make sure you don't have a higher fever.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Yes, this
    K

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yep, I'd take temp and another COVID test tomorrow but go as long as temp isn't higher, other symptoms don't develop, or the test isn't positive. Hope it's a good trip!
    Lizi

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Go. Take another test to make sure. I started feeling meh on Wednesday, the sore throat, congestion and fatigue started Thursday. I took off work Thursday and Friday as with Covid protocols can’t work with symptoms. I’ve had 3 negative home tests and had a negative PCR test yesterday. I’m super surprised it’s not COVID as numbers have been increasing and masks are optional at school now.

There’s other illnesses going around. If you’re negative in the morning, go

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agree with testing again in the morning and adding that I would pack a couple tests to take with me.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast