Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Both my DC have XR’s. DD tried to update hers a few weeks ago and it wouldn’t turn on. It’s only a few years old. I don’t think she was having any major problems until then. She borrowed an X from her boyfriend in the meantime. DS says his XR is having problems but he is the type who always wants a new phone so I don’t know how much of a problem he is really having. I know another person whose XR wouldn’t turn on after trying to update it and she told me this was a known problem with the XR.

I have an XS and the battery life is terrible. It lasts a few hours and needs to be charged. I am going to get a new phone shortly but I am trying to decide if I should switch carriers. I think my phone is only 3 years old which isn’t very old IMO so I’m kind of annoyed that I even need a new phone.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

I have an XR and I'm planning to replace it the next time xfinity mobile has a promotion on iphones. My major issue with it is the battery. I need it a lot for work some days, and then it won't make it through the day. I often have only a short window between clients so not enough time to charge it in the car. We save a ton with xfinity mobile so I'm using that to justify a new phone purchase. Even with the monthly payment, we'll still pay less for 4 lines than many people do for 1 or 2.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I have an Xs! I think I’ve had it for since very early 2019, so at least 3 years. Battery’s ok. I work from home and charge in my car so it’s not an issue. DD is going to middle school next year and i thought about giving it to her, but DS got a new phone (iPhone 12 mini) when he started middle so didn’t seem fair. I’ll probably wait until at least Christmas to replace mine.
    DH has the regular X which is at least 4 years old, and the battery truly sucks on that one. However, he works from home, does’t travel for work so he only complains when we go on vacation.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Dd1 and I were at the mall last weekend and went into the Apple Store and low and behold Verizon was having a deal on phones. We initially were looking at the 13 Pro for $5.50 a month, but then looked at the 13 which was free with trade in of our old XRs. Dh also agreed to upgrade his old four year old 8 Plus at the cost of $11 per month. I told him that even though it will cost money now (for 3 years) it is cheaper to take advantage of this offer now than have his phone die and not be able to trade it in at a later date. We have the phones and they are all update now.

Plan wise I updated for our regular non 5G unlimited plan to the current 5G plan and added one line of 5G More (the option that includes the Disney+/Hulu/Espn bundle monthly…..not a free trial….it is cheaper than paying for the services on their own and getting the base unlimited 5G Start plan), and two lines of 5G start. I am also getting $10 off per line due to having my bill on auto pay.

We couldn’t exchange the phones in store because Dh wasn’t with us and when I tried to order them from Apple directly (so we could pick up in store and transfer everything there) they said there was an issue with the plan not including the upgrade so I chatted with Verizon and got everything taking care of via chat. I also asked for the upgrade fees to be waived but the chat person said they couldn’t do that but they would apply them to my monthly bills. I screen shot those screens and will follow up with Verizon if I don’t get the credits back.

All and all it was an easy upgrade. If you need a new phone definitely look for deals with your current carrier because they are out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

This is good to know. I added a line for DD1 a couple of months ago and didn't get espn/hulu/disney, so I"ll check into that. We have been contemplating the upgrade, but I didn't want to pay for the upgrade charges. I'll ask for a credit as well. Thanks for the update!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2