Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Update # 14: Anyone still have an iPhone XR?

I have had my phone almost 4 years (I got it in December 2018), but it is starting to become slower and I am wondering just how much longer it will stay alive. Dh still uses an iPhone 8 Plus (he got it in July of 2018) and Dd1 has an XR as well but she didn’t get hers until spring, 2019). DD1 hasn’t complained about her phone performance. Dh has a lot less stuff on his so I am thinking that I should just delete a bunch of stuff I no longer use and see if that improves performance. Thoughts?

I really don’t want another phone payment (and tbh was kind of anticipating giving this phone to DD2 once we decide she is ready for a phone….probably 8th grade….two more years) , yet don’t want to have to pay full price for a phone so if I have to chose the two year phone plan will probably be the way I go.

Has anyone ever used one of those phone cleaning apps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 06-16-2022 at 11:50 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

mmsmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I still have an XR and it still works well. DD has one too but hers was replaced recently by insurance with a refurbished. I will probably upgrade at some point this year. I have not noticed any changes in performance as it has aged but don’t keep a lot of apps or data either.

Smillow is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH & I still have XRs. I am happy with its performance - we did get the 256 MB versions. I plan on keeping it as long as I can. DS has my 6s plus and it’s still functioning great.
    DS 2/09

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I have had my phone almost 4 years (I got it in December 2018), but it is starting to become slower and I am wondering just how much longer it will stay alive. Dh still uses an iPhone 8 Plus (he got it in July of 2018) and Dd1 has an XR as well but she didn’t get hers until spring, 2019). DD1 hasn’t complained about her phone performance. Dh has a lot less stuff on his so I am thinking that I should just delete a bunch of stuff I no longer use and see if that improves performance. Thoughts?

I really don’t want another phone payment (and tbh was kind of anticipating giving this phone to DD2 once we decide she is ready for a phone….probably 8th grade….two more years) , yet don’t want to have to pay full price for a phone so if I have to chose the two year phone plan will probably be the way I go.

Has anyone ever used one of those phone cleaning apps?

I just got rid of an X in January, it was still running great. The kids each traded an XR - they were also great. We traded them in b/c there were really deals to switch carriers and my husband needed a new phone.

I honestly can't tell a difference with the new phone. If I didn't see the back/sides I'd never know it was a different phone. I know the camera is "better", but I don't really notice. All iPhones seem to take great photos, I probably don't take the type of photo that the new one is better at.

The three of us all use our phones to death.

Definitely start by deleting the junk, can't hurt.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I just upgraded a 6. Only reason I did was because it wasn’t being supported anymore. I’m just not into replacing something that works. I will admit that the battery life is much better and that’s really nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I have an XR and love it. I think I got it 3 years ago..maybe 4? The rest of the family got the newer SE when we moved from Verizon Prepaid to regular Verizon service sometime in 2020/2021. I got one too, but I love my XR so much that we are just keeping that other SE in case someone needs a new phone.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I traded mine in in January. They were offering a huge trade in credit toward a new phone so I replaced it. Mine would have gone on for quite a while but I couldn’t pass up the $800 trade in on my old phone.

I’m still very happy with my iPhone 8. The only thing is the battery doesn’t last as long as it used to. I imagine I will upgrade when I can no longer update the apps that I use frequently. My guess is that’ll be in a year or so!
    DD1 '08
    DD2 '10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone still have an iPhone XR?

Thanks! I have noticed the battery is going down slowly as well.

Wow a 6….that is pretty good longevity. DH’s 6 lasted from 2014 until 2019 when it finally crapped out when DD1 was using it (he got the 8 Plus when dd1 needed a phone in 2018). I am on my sixth phone since 2002 (two non smart phones, four smart phones….my first two phones lasted 3 and 6 years….this XR is now my longest lasting iPhone…..the shortest was the 7 but I traded that up to the XR when I got a great trade in deal and paid the same monthly payment as the 7 for the XR plus $200 in Apple gift cards, and I just continued to pay the rest of the contract for the 7). I am a big fan of if it isn’t broke done fix it. Dh is on his sixth phone since 2000. I really hope this XR isn’t on it’s last legs. I hope to hand it down to DD2 in a year or so.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-17-2022 at 01:15 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

I have an XR. I’m terrible leaving apps open so I often charge in car on way home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast