MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Tips for dog recovery?

Our 9 month old bernedoodle is getting neutered tomorrow. We’ve never been through this before as our other dog was spayed before we got her. Any tips to make recovery go easier? I’m assuming he’s gonna need the cone because he’s quite the licker and loves to lick our other dogs ears when her allergies are flared (gross, I know!). Is there anything that isn’t as cumbersome as the cone but really stops them? I see the suits on Amazon but I see him eating through that. They said they’d give me tranquilizers to keep him calm during recovery but I don’t want to drug him up if I don’t have to.
    Last edited by MSWR0319; 05-16-2022 at 03:19 PM.

Our dog chewed the cone. We bought one on Amazon with a lot of velcro, but still had to resort to adding a ton of duct tape. We also used dog diapers. It was challenging. Good luck!

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by craftysierra View Post
    Our dog chewed the cone. We bought one on Amazon with a lot of velcro, but still had to resort to adding a ton of duct tape. We also used dog diapers. It was challenging. Good luck!
    Thanks for the warning!! I didn’t think about it but I can totally see him eating the cone.

ezcc is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I got one of those inflatable donuts for our dog when she got spayed, she didn't need it much but it did seem less cumbersome than the cone.

I have never done anything special and have never had any problems with any of my dogs, male and female. However, BOTH of my brother's dogs chewed out their stitches last fall. One of them did it twice with a cone.