Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Dyson airwrap 101

I’m considering buying the air wrap. If you have it, do you feel it was worth the investment? Is there only one model? Looks like it’s out of stock in many places. Any spot I should be checking regularly for a restock?

I don't know anything about the Dyson, but I have a Chi Spin and Curl that I LOVE. No matter how crappy my hair looks, 5-10 minutes with this thing and it's awesome. https://www.amazon.com/CHI-Spin-Curl...388953925&th=1

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I got mine using some rewards from Nordstrom to lower the price, so maybe it was worth it? There are some longer barrels that you can buy now, but I'm not sure if there's a model that comes with them - I haven't looked closely. I like it, but the nice waves just don't stay well with my super striaght/fine hair no matter what products I use. I do like the round brush attachment. That makes my hair look pretty decent usually.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I bought mine from QVC in February (with Easy Pay!) and both DD1 and I love it. I honestly feel guilty using my prior hair dryer (Babyliss Volaire V…..I got it free with Ulta Rewards) now because the Dyson Air Wrap kit was so expensive. I mainly use the mini hair dryer and the large round brush. Dd1 and I have played around with the curlers and they do give nice curls. I didn’t do my whole head just one small section (this was the first time we used it) and the curls were nice and uniform. The only item I wish it had was a diffuser (that is only available on the larger Dyson hair dryer).

I was planning to buy it with Ulta rewards but the unit was never in stock and when I saw it was available on QVC with easy pay I thought why not. They have a 30 day return policy, but we used it enough in those first 30 days to feel like we would use it for a very long time. Sadly the Dyson Kit on QVC is now sold out again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have it an i love it! It took me a bit to figure it out but watching you tube videos helped. There is a helpful airwrap group on facebook.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I’m considering buying the air wrap. If you have it, do you feel it was worth the investment? Is there only one model? Looks like it’s out of stock in many places. Any spot I should be checking regularly for a restock?
    It isn't worth it for me. My fine, thin, straight hair doesn't retain the curl at all - no matter what products I use. I watched all the youtubes, got all the tricks for my hair type, etc.

I think it's cool and probably works awesome for some hair types, but not mine! If I want my curls/waves to stay longer than an hour or two I need old school heating tools.

Quote Originally Posted by theriviera View Post
    I have it an i love it! It took me a bit to figure it out but watching you tube videos helped. There is a helpful airwrap group on facebook.
    What is the name of the group?

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I really love mine. I can get exactly the loose waves I want with the round brush or if I want something more, I use the curling attachments and then loosen the curls running the round brush or a hot brush through the curls. I almost never dry completely straight but I use the flat brush attachments for that. My only issue is that the round brush can fall off while I’m using it if I’m not being gentle enough.

There is a new version due out this summer and I think that’s why it’s so hard to get right now. I’m actually considering upgrading or just buying the new attachments.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Default Dyson airwrap 101

I agree that with the new model coming out that is why the current model is out of stock. On the Dyson website though the pink/silver kit is still available (and they have affirm); plus it is finally back in stock at Ulta. If you have Ulta points to use grab it. Both Ulta and Dyson have 1% rakuten right now. Unless they change how the attachments attach (the regular hair dryer is magnetic vs. the air wrap attaching via button on the air wrap) I will probably just get any attachments if they are compatible with the current one (it would suck if they weren’t).

If you are looking for a diffuser that will work on the Dyson Air Wrap this one works. I haven’t actually tried it yet but the diffuser fits.

https://www.ulta.com/p/euro-style-di...xoCNjIQAvD_BwE

Last edited by AnnieW625; 05-17-2022 at 07:07 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    What is the name of the group?

Dyson airwrap community

Mama to 3 awesome kids

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast