Default Anyone a member of PEO?

For the last few years I've performed for one of our local chapters fundraisers and one of the members invited me to a lunch today, with the explicit intent of hoping I'll consider joining. I love the mission of the org (they provide education scholarships and low interest loans to women) but I'm a bit worried about what the time commitment might be. I'm a bit burnt out from being on our school's PTA board this year... both time and drama/politics wise. Would love to your experience if you're a member around financial/time expectations, etc
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    For the last few years I've performed for one of our local chapters fundraisers and one of the members invited me to a lunch today, with the explicit intent of hoping I'll consider joining. I love the mission of the org (they provide education scholarships and low interest loans to women) but I'm a bit worried about what the time commitment might be. I'm a bit burnt out from being on our school's PTA board this year... both time and drama/politics wise. Would love to your experience if you're a member around financial/time expectations, etc
    I got a scholarship for ultrasound school through them, one of my good friends is in it. She's pretty busy with three kids so I don't think her chapter has a ton of time commitment, I think pretty much maybe monthly?
    Angie

Mom to
    DD- 9/09-9/09
    DS- 2011 DS2- 2012 DS3- 2015 DD-2019

I got a scholarship for ultrasound school through them
    I love hearing this!
    ~ Dawn

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am not (have never heard of it before) but I am a member of my local Jr. League chapter and despite the sometimes politics and keeping me busier than I probably would be I wouldn’t change anything about being a member (going into year 17 this year) and my life wouldn’t be the same without it. So I would attend the PEO meeting with an open mind and join if you truly feel like it is an organization that you would receive some benefit from as being a member.

I would recommend Jr. League to you as well but I don’t believe there is a chapter in your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

babyonway is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am a member and it is a great organization! Really your commitment is what you decide it to be. My commitment is minimal due to lack of time and the org is okay with that with no pressure at all to increase!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Mama to my sweet lil girl (Summer 2010)

I am not (have never heard of it before) but I am a member of my local Jr. League chapter and despite the sometimes politics and keeping me busier than I probably would be I wouldn’t change anything about being a member (going into year 17 this year) and my life wouldn’t be the same without it.
    That's really lovely to hear - I was hoping PTA would be this for me and ....hasn't been.

I am a member and it is a great organization! Really your commitment is what you decide it to be. My commitment is minimal due to lack of time and the org is okay with that with no pressure at all to increase!
    This is great to hear, ty!
    ~ Dawn

my grandmother was up until recently and I think she felt really good about the work they did. She's a total overachiever so I can't speak to the workload.
    Margaret and
    (DS 2/06) and (DD 3/08)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My friend was a member. My friend has a very nice house-- great for hosting events. She felt pressure to host more meetings than she wanted and felt pressure to assume leadership positions. She had a hard time saying "no" to things she didn't want to do -- an even had a hard time becoming inactive when she decided she didn't want to participate any more. I'm expect my friend's experience tells more about my friend, or at least more about her local chapter, than it does about the PEO organization itself.

My godfather's wife has been a member of PEO for many years. She was was a military wife, has lived in many different communities, and has participated with many different PEO chapters. It has been a rewarding experience for her.