Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
I got my 2nd booster last month (over 50) and since then I've been exposed to Covid four times that I know of, including someone in my home, and so far so good..
That's great, marinkitty!

I had my second booster. First 3 shots were Moderna and I went with Pfizer due to reading that it is good to mix them up a little. I know they are saying it will not last long; I have read at least 3 months, so I think they are really not sure. In any case, the reasons I decided to get it are as I will take whatever increased protection it offers; wish it was longer, but will take what I can get. I only had a minorly sore arm with this shot. From what it also out there, sounds like they are hoping to have some improved vaccines in the fall, but getting vaccinated now will not mean we can;t get that vaccine. I know its a lot of vaccines, but feel its worth it for me. On my local news they said something that resonated with me. If getting a vaccine now will make you decide not to get a vaccine in the fall, then don't get it. However, if it will not stop you from getting a vaccine in the fall get one now, so you are more protected now. Makes sense to me...but basically we continue to deal with so many unknowns.