Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Booster for 5-11

I just saw that the FDA approved the booster for this age group and that the CDC meets on Thursday. Assuming it gets approved when will you get the booster if you’re going to? I’m initially thinking waiting till fall when it gets worse again, but cases are going up so that may change my mind if things get worse. The only big thing I’m worried about this summer is a Dude Perfect show we’re taking DS to. He’s a masker, so I know he’ll wear his kF94, which makes me feel better about waiting. I think.

Well, if DD hadn't just tested positive last night I would have gotten it for her a few weeks before international travel this summer. She's heading to overnight camp a week after that trip so it would potentially help for that as well. Now that she's given herself a booster on her own, I'm guessing towards the fall/winter. The pattern of our surges following Europe's seems pretty established so I'd pay attention to their numbers. I'd be comfortable with a KF94 in most situations.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

DS just had Covid a couple of weeks ago, so we will wait until Fall. I probably would have gotten him one before our July trip to see my grandfather if he had not had Covid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

I’m planning on getting it for DS asap. The data shows that the first two doses weren’t hugely protective in this age group. He’s become such a germaphobe. We will get it as cases are really high here right now and he will still have over a month of school. I’ll worry about the later doses later.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

So here’s the interesting scenario. DD2 was 11 for doses 1 and 2 in November. She has since turned 12. She had Covid in February. So she would’ve been booster eligible in April if she’d not had Covid. Her 90 days will be passed this month. Do I booster with the 12+ dose? Other than summer camp for a week we have no other summer plans. I’m thinking of holding off until the fall.

Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    So here’s the interesting scenario. DD2 was 11 for doses 1 and 2 in November. She has since turned 12. She had Covid in February. So she would’ve been booster eligible in April if she’d not had Covid. Her 90 days will be passed this month. Do I booster with the 12+ dose? Other than summer camp for a week we have no other summer plans. I’m thinking of holding off until the fall.

My understanding is that she boosters with the 12+ dose.

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Probably will get it. Still contemplating timing.

Going to Florida end of June. Seeing some cousins from the west coast, but no big crowds, just hanging out at the beach/pool/mini golf type things.

Going on cruise in Alaska in end July. More nervous about pre cruise testing, testing to fly back into country, etc. and trip disruption/quarantine if someone gets sick. So I’m considering holding off until maybe right before the Florida trip?

ETA if they haven’t gotten it yet by then.

m4nash is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

My 11 y/o just tested positive for Covid this past Friday. She turns 12 in August, so I think she'll be waiting for the 12+ booster sometime after her birthday.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post

Yes, as someone said, she'll get the one for 12+. DS turned 12 in the middle of his two initial dosages, and I was told the dosage was based strictly on age, so his first shot was the pediatric dose and the second was the adult.

He just became eligible for his booster last week. We are also going on a cruse in late June, so my plan is to wait until closer to that time (if we don't all get it first). Him begin boosted also gives us a three-day window for required COVID testing before the cruise instead of two.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MSWR0319 View Post
    My understanding is that she boosters with the 12+ dose.
    Yes, that I knew. Just that in the time she became eligible for the 12+ booster she got covid. So now it's a matter of if and when we'd boost.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast